Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Does descreened MAF cause TC chatter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does descreened MAF cause TC chatter?

I pulled my TP4000 about 1 month ago, which had chatter problems when locked in OD. Put the stock TC back in. Now, a month later, my stock TC is starting to chatter when locked in OD. I never had a problem with my SY3500 or with the stock converter when I first bought the car. The only thing I can think of that I did different with the TP4000 is that I descreened the MAF looking for a couple of extra horses. Can the descreened MAF be the culprit? I have heard that MAF ends on an A4 can cause this, but can the descreened MAF also? Thanks in advance, Bill
Old 08-12-2002, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Does descreened MAF cause TC chatter?

I run a descreened 85mm MAF in my auto with no chatter problems so far... I think that you may have some shifting issues with your MAF descreened but I don't think that chatter should have anything to do with that...
Old 08-12-2002, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Does descreened MAF cause TC chatter?

I descreened my MAF a couple months ago and didn't have a single problem but I also never got the chance to see if it did any good at the track. I later traded MAF with a friend of mine who wanted to descreen his. I wanted a screened MAF to help prevent any SES lights with my new converter.