Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Inland Empire Driveshaft

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Inland Empire Driveshaft

my car's been having this weird vibration issue at 50 mph recently, and i think it may be my driveshaft. my car is a 2.73 A4, so it comes with a steel driveshaft. i imagine it needs to either be rebalanced or needs new u-joints.

my buddy's brother has a shop, so i dropped in to see him today and inquired about rebuilding the driveshaft. he says he knew a guy who bought the inland empire driveshaft from summit. they want $325 for the driveshaft brand new, and it's a high-strength aluminum driveshaft (even thought it has a 1310 yoke). he said he installed the driveshaft on a kid's car, but he later sold him the car and he parted it out. the driveshaft only has ~500 miles on it. it's currently up for bids on ebay, but he says he'll try to take it off ebay and he says he'll give it to me for $200. now, IMO, $200 for a virtually new high strength, $325 driveshaft is a good deal.

is anyone running these? i don't want to buy a piece of crap, and i want something that's better than the stock steel. i figure, if i'm gonna spend $100 rebuilding the old driveshaft, why not spend another $100 and get a new one? here's what it looks like:

anyone running this with success? anyone have any problems with it? thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been running that driveshaft in the Iroc. I think I've put a little over ten thousand miles on it and alot of abuse.

I think the car puts out about 380rwhp on motor, and I've ran a 200 shot about 10 times. And 150 shot and under about 30 times. The DS seems to be holding up well, no probs or vibrations. So I would recommend buying one.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Resident

thanks for your response 2001whiteSS6spd. is there anyone else running this driveshaft out there?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Resident

i installed the inland empire HD aluminum driveshaft today. got it for $200. the thing is practically brand new with less than 500 miles on it. it took all the little vibrations out of the gas pedal and compared to my stock steel driveshaft, it's easily 10-20 lbs lighter. that steel driveshaft was HEAVY. this one felt like half the weight. it looks like a nice piece. so far i'm satisfied, although i only put 10 miles on it