Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Locker Vs Tru Trak (help Asap!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 08:29 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A locker is not for people that like to have well mannered car for daily street driving , But with that said I do drive with a locker and I do see high speeds in excess of 180 mph with no ill effects on the Autobahn.
Here is a vid of my car at a track going left and right with the Locker. As you watch you really don't see no real illmannered handling going. If you watch the whole video the only cars Ibelieve that really out handle me are some 100,000 dollar Porsche GT3 cars. And they should.
locker car on race track

Now with the Trutrac the only drawback is that it will act like an open diff and transfer all torque to the wheel with the least amount of traction . For example if the traction surfaces are dissimilar or if the inside wheel gets light.

Another thing, due to the mechanical complexity and size with the worm gears, don't expect the trutrac to standup to too many 5000rpm 600hp launches on slicks. A buddy of mine junked one in two seasons , He ended up welding the wormgears together to finish out the season.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

The new forged case trutrac 3 pinion diffs will take a lot of torque compared to the originals.I was told 1200 ft lbs .
Old 01-27-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Dam You Seem To Be Able To Handle Good With A Locker.. I Dont See Why People Say Your Handeling Sucks .. From The Vid It Looked Like You Could Take Turns Just A S Well As Anybody Else

Quick Reply: Locker Vs Tru Trak (help Asap!)