Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

torsen vs auburn

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Sorry if I ever corrected you and "showed you up" I promise, I won't do it again... I'll mind my business and let you continue to spread misinformation.

You're a big man giving out advice in this thread when you (judging by previous posts) don't know what feature designates something as a 10 bolt or 12 bolt. How bout that 9 bolt

And yes, I do have a little knowledge.
enough knowledge to make a post completely unrelated to this thread?

i think comparing the auburn to the torsen is almost a lose-lose scenario. they are both weak, both have strenghts and weaknesses compared to the other, and there are better options available. the auburn pro series seems to be a stouter piece if you wish to keep the 7.5 rear or if you are more a handling kinda guy the T2R is a nice stout diff that makes our cars handle great. happy trails
Old 03-11-2007, 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by qwikz28

i think comparing the auburn to the torsen is almost a lose-lose scenario.
LOL best quote yet of this thread.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Sorry if I ever corrected you and "showed you up" I promise, I won't do it again... I'll mind my business and let you continue to spread misinformation.

You're a big man giving out advice in this thread when you (judging by previous posts) don't know what feature designates something as a 10 bolt or 12 bolt. How bout that 9 bolt

And yes, I do have a little knowledge.

You dont have to promise anything because for the people on here who like to share information and stay on related topics we dont care for your negitive feedback. I have seen some of your posts before and rather than answering peoples questions you seem to gravitate towards belittling them. If you do not posses the knowlage or do not have anything insightful to offer beyond your own google search do not waist my or anyone elses time writing crap. Although I do not know what you are reffering to about my lack of knowladge when it comes to counting the number of bolts on a rear end housing I would love to see such a post I have made. Furthermore I have no idea how pathetic ones life must be to feel compelled to mock someone via internet 1000 miles away in your jammies over a keyboard at 4:30am on a sunday and have the audasity to reffer to me as a "big man" I find that ironic. I settle my desputes face to face weather it be on the hockey rink or at a bar. However if I have a problem with someone I do not resolve it by picking a fight with someone you know you will never meet on a car forum using gay little icons. Whatever negitive feedback you feel compelled to rebute with I asure you will lay upon def ears as I am a being the big man by saying I am done with this childish ****. Some people on this forum have knowlage that thay would like to share, not be mocked. I suggest you read some posts and learn from people who know what they are talking about, you are meerly a student, your time will come and then you can offer up your advice when it is time.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Launching!

go for a t2.... torsen with heavy duty internals and high biasing.... it address the issue of weak internals bought up by another poster
Old 03-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stock unit is a t2...

Thinking T2r maybe?
Old 03-21-2007, 01:02 AM
11 Second Club

Put about 1000 miles on my Auburn pro.. Happy so far
Old 03-22-2007, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Don't forget about the trutrac. Great diff that silent on turns and hooks both tires like a spool. Also cheaper than some of the other aftermarket diffs mentioned.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Had an Aubrun pro unit in my car for 5 years, went threw 2 gear changes and over 100 passes with drag radials. The guts blew up on the starting line late 06 and now I have a Torsen unit in now. (had a new unit in the garage just in case)

I'll let you know how this one holds up.. My old 96 had a torsen and never had an issue in 6 years I owned and raced it.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Banned

i had a brand new slp auburn, it lasted 6 months and i daily drive and see the strip once a month for about 4 passes that day

Quick Reply: torsen vs auburn