Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Vibration starting at 70mph after 12bolt install

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007 | 01:15 AM
11 Second Club

Default Vibration starting at 70mph after 12bolt install

I have had this vibration for a while now. It starts at 70mph and you can hear it as well. Sounds like a deep vibratins sound. Im running the PST 3.5" aluminium d/s, Spohn crossbrace mounted tq arm and moser 12 bolt. The arm is set at -2. My rear-end is setting back a little because of the relo brackets and non adjustable LCA's. Im not sure if this would cause this but its a maybe. Im also running poly motor mounts and poly tranny mount. Just thought id see what you guys think.
Old 06-15-2007 | 08:12 AM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure if you swapped to the poly bushings at the same time but you will get more noise with them for sure. I suspect your pinion angle is off. At 70 mph and above you start vibrating things.
Old 06-15-2007 | 09:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BJM
Not sure if you swapped to the poly bushings at the same time but you will get more noise with them for sure. I suspect your pinion angle is off. At 70 mph and above you start vibrating things.
Yea, thats got to be it. I dont remember the car doing this untill after I got the relocation brackets installed which moved the rear-end back some. I was just seeing if anyone else has had this problem so I feel better.
Old 06-15-2007 | 11:19 AM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

The relocation brackets should pull the housing rearward not tilt anything on a torque arm style suspension. My guess is the torque arm mount is not identically oriented to your old axle. You may need an adjustable arm.
Old 06-15-2007 | 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BJM
The relocation brackets should pull the housing rearward not tilt anything on a torque arm style suspension. My guess is the torque arm mount is not identically oriented to your old axle. You may need an adjustable arm.
I do have one.
Old 06-16-2007 | 06:42 AM
12 Second Club

I have the same problem but it starts over 80..the pinion is right on, also there is a horrible clunking and low speed turning..the rear is coming apart next week i'll see whats going to cost me more $ then