Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

i need help bad...i hear a ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default i need help bad...i hear a ...

the other day on the way to work i decided to put the pedal THROUGH the medal from about a 30 mph roll and then ........ i hear ....... clink clink clink clink.... etc etc..... and im like what the ?????? so i pull over call my step dad and we are try to push it to hear some noise...and its coming from the rear..... the car has abs and trac cont. and it will still go into gear and and roll but if i i move it i get the clink sound from the rear any possible ideas??? someone told me it could be driveshaft or differntial.....but can anyone else give me some opinons from what you have read.... thanks alot
Old 06-26-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe you chipped a tooth. i would definately pull the cover!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rear end is fried most likely all you need is a new pinion gear set...cuz the ones in there now are probably too worn or broken a few teeth off giving you that noise. Hey look at it this way the clink clink clink is better than one big BOOOOM CLANK! and the car not moving ANYWHERE lol So good luck its probbaly not as bad as you think it seems