Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

I love my car again (DLS 9" 4.11s trutrac)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default I love my car again (DLS 9" 4.11s trutrac)

So I got my 9” from scott @ DLS put in finally after waiting 3 weeks for T-bolts . All I can say is wow! My launch going from 3.42s stock torque arm to 4.11s with a UMI adjustable torque arm is just absolutely amazing. I raced a friend of mine with a modded wrx who used to just absolutely kill me out of the hole with my stock 3.42s and nitto drag radials. Raced him last night with the new setup and instead of pulling me 2-3 cars out of the hole, he only had be by a fender, which I pulled back and passed by the top of 2nd gear. I’m very happy with the improvement. The install was a PITA and the drain plug leaks around the weld! So that’s getting fixed on Monday along with some lower control arm relocation brackets and I should be set for the track. Hoping to improve my best ever 60’ time of 2.15. Absolutely no wine from the rear end so I cant complain. So I’m putting out a good word for scott @DLS and I’m very happy with the rear (other than having to wait 3 weeks for T-bolts which is total )
Old 07-01-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you hook up perfectly (pretty much perfectly at least) from a dig? I assume it was on the drag radials right? Im gettin ready to to a transmission change and do all the rear suspension to match and im wonderin how hard its going to be for me to hook up.. Oh and one other thing, where did you go to get ahold of Scott and DLS
Old 07-01-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

He has his phone number in his sig. I have full suspension, boxed LCAs, panhard bar, torque arm (UMI adjustable with the UMI t/a relocation bracket that replaces the trans crossmember), dms springs, koni shocks, subframe connectors. I hooked perfectly, I have never launched that well in this car ever. Even he was surprised that I kept up that well out of the hole because because before he would just totally annihilate me. I had full tire pressure as well (28 psi cold nitto d/r but the tires had been driven on all night so I'm sure the psi was higher). I'm getting LCA relocation brackets welded on this week as my car is lowered quite a bit and the LCAs point up to the rear end rather than down, so I am sure that will help me hook even better.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new set up. I'll be installing my own 9" pretty soon and I'm trying to figure out what to do as a far as the TA is concerned.

With the UMI tunnel mount did you notice more noise in the car? And are you running a DS loop?
Old 07-02-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

It's not a tunnel mount, its a trans mount with the relocation crossmember that replaces the stock trans crossmember. There is definitely more vibration, but i also installed poly motor and trans mount so I cant pin it on the torque arm. I have a lakewood DSL but it hits my stock exhaust so its on hold for now.