Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

LT1 Car getting LS1 GU5 Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 11:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Car getting LS1 GU5 Help!

As some of you know my 94 Formula's 10 bolt gave up the ghost and my carrier was completely destroyed in the process. I have a friend who Im getting a GU5 axle from out of his 99 Z28, he said he is taking the calipers, pads, and break lines.

I have the entire axle out of my 94, and have everything needed to put it back together again minus the carrier which was destroyed. I dont run traction control or ABS so its pretty straight forward in and out. Im a wrong in thinking I can just swap out backing plates and use my existing lines, calipers, rotors, and pads from my original axle on the newer 99 Z28 axle? I would just puller the Carrier out of the 99s Axle and put it in my axle but Im afraid the housing just isnt good anymore, and I am sure it have at least double the miles.

From what I understand the rear breaks on an LS1 are nothing special, and I already have the LS1 front break convertion. So am I missing anything I will need to put together one complete axle and get my car back on the road?