Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

A Question, not too hard ;)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Question, not too hard ;)

1. When i got my cam installed i also installed a MAC rear end girlde.... the fluid in there was not that great and there were some metal shavings on the plug... not too many maybe enough to fit on the top of a quarter and what looked to be 1/2 of a cylinder type thing (maybe a bearing of some sort) i changed the fluid and put the cover on and no metal since should i be worried?

My rear end has been nothing but strong so far... i've got maybe 500-1000 miles on it since hitting 400HP and it's all be dricving it hard....it does howl like a humming noise in 5th and 6th gear between 60-65 MPH but i'm fairly sure thats just the load on the drivetrain.

I've gotten abut 12-15K miles out of my kuhmo tires... and the traction is probably less than stock tires... I was wondering if anyone had any reccomendation to tires that get decent traction, I dont wanna go DR cause i dont feel like replacing the rear although i have seen many a people run Nitto 555 DR's on there stock 10 bolt and have it hold.

thanks for reading!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THE nittos or bfgs for the street...I like e/t streets myself