Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
I called today and added a watts link to my build, mostly so i can run 3" true duals over the axle, ill take the improved handling as a bonus. lol. I'm just glad it had not went to powder coat yet. MWC's custom service is outstanding! They are always helpful and they never make you fell like your bugging them as some places do.
They are hard to get ahold of sometimes but I never get the feeling that I am being cut short when I call with a question.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
I noticed something yours has & also a few others, a fill plug. I cant find one anywhere on mine.
Fill it thru the 3rd member should be on the left side. fill till it comes out.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent my backing plates, shields and deposit in today; looking forward to installing one of these bad boys on the Hugger..
Old 03-09-2011, 09:10 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good everyone, and if you can never get ahold of us feel free to PM me here or email me at midwestchassis@hotmail.com with your question or info for me to call you back.

We only operate with one phone line and I am the only one grabbing the phone these days while Eric is back out in the shop building parts. One thing I don't have a problem doing is talking on the phone..
Old 03-09-2011, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest Chassis & Performance Rocks ...!!!

I am very.... very.... pleased with my Fab 9" rear end purchased from Midwest. Eric & Jason at Midwest Chassis are very Knowledgeable.

They manufacture & build top notch custom made products.
Erics Engineering & Fabrication skills are second to none.

When people look at my Midwest Fab 9...they cant believe there eyes.
Jaws Drop when they see the rear end in my Camaro.

First Glance tells you 2 things.... Strength & Very Heavy Duty.
This rear end was built to last.

My car handles better, stops better & accelerates much better now & this rear end feels Rock Solid in my car. My Camaro feels like a different car now.

My Customer experience with Eric & Jason was the best that i have ever recieved from any business. They walked me through the entire process & they advised me & made sure that i got exactly what i needed for my Application.

Erics Fab 9" rear end is like true " Art work " Midwest Chassis Rocks...!!!
Attached Thumbnails Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics-midwest-chassis-fab-9-rearend-004.jpg   Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics-midwest-chassis-fab-9-rearend-003.jpg   Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics-midwest-chassis-fab-9-break-oil-change-002.jpg   Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics-midwest-chassis-fab-9-break-oil-change-006.jpg  
Old 03-09-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm starting to think they're paying you NOS LS1. LOL
Old 03-09-2011, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

^^^ lol
Old 03-09-2011, 10:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Fill it thru the 3rd member should be on the left side. fill till it comes out.
I really expected to have the fill plug in the fabbed housing section like I have seen others posted pics. I called Eric today & he did say its a $30 option, but it doesnt specify anything about it being an option on there website so I really thought it was standard on all of them. When I placed the order I wasnt ever asked if I wanted it, I had no clue it was an option so why would I? After I spent $3500 on this, I am a lil bothered about that. I didnt know the 3rd member had a fill plug as it was at home but yea its there. Good enough I guess. It wouldve been nice if it was on the list of options on their site.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
I'm starting to think they're paying you NOS LS1. LOL
how about it......this guy has some serious skills in marketing.

we have my mwcfab9 in & almost ready for a road test...damn weather.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:16 PM
10 Second Club

I understand flintwrench. Its actually kinda hard to even get a bottle up there and pour it in if that helps lol.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:49 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the sidweways bottle can be tough, but a simple 3 foot piece of vinyl hose from the home store attached to the nipple on the bottle will let you fill from the outside of the car through the rear fenderwell.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:51 PM
10 Second Club

Yup thats the way to do it. I didnt get one because thats 30 bucks in my pocket and Eric already got a crap load from me. lol
Old 03-10-2011, 06:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I really expected to have the fill plug in the fabbed housing section like I have seen others posted pics. I called Eric today & he did say its a $30 option, but it doesnt specify anything about it being an option on there website so I really thought it was standard on all of them. When I placed the order I wasnt ever asked if I wanted it, I had no clue it was an option so why would I? After I spent $3500 on this, I am a lil bothered about that. I didnt know the 3rd member had a fill plug as it was at home but yea its there. Good enough I guess. It wouldve been nice if it was on the list of options on their site.
When I emailed MWC about getting a quote Eric emailed me back a detailed list of what was on the basic fab, and all the options with prices included. Communication with them has been great.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:23 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I'm sorry some how that didn't get brought up that would of been my issue, not sure how I didn't mention it as it is the only thing I normally discuss as an up sale considering I am horrible at up sales but this is more of a convenience item and very inexpensive item so I normally have a habit of tossing that option out there.

We rarely sell a fill cap, to the point we keep like less than 6 in stock at a time. Most choose to fill them through the case myself included. If you have a pump with a hook at the end of the hose a fill cap is a GREAT feature, if not the fill on the top is some what a pain to use and the case is easier.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
I'm sorry some how that didn't get brought up that would of been my issue, not sure how I didn't mention it as it is the only thing I normally discuss as an up sale considering I am horrible at up sales but this is more of a convenience item and very inexpensive item so I normally have a habit of tossing that option out there.

We rarely sell a fill cap, to the point we keep like less than 6 in stock at a time. Most choose to fill them through the case myself included. If you have a pump with a hook at the end of the hose a fill cap is a GREAT feature, if not the fill on the top is some what a pain to use and the case is easier.
I was at work yesterday & wanted to see where that fill plug was, I didnt remember seeing it so I removed the axle housing from the box. I was ready to blow a gasket when I couldnt find the fill plug on it. I took the ring & pinion home so thats why I didnt know thats where the fill plug is. I really thought someone forgot to install the fill plug in the housing until I talked to Eric. I was thinking filling it from the top wouldnt be that hard on a hoist with the suspension hanging down more. I thought it was standard but no big deal now that I know its in the case.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

off topic but hey Eric i have an idea for you, can you make a f-body strut tower brace that will clear a F.A.S.T. 102 intake? Seems like a simple enough piece to make and you would have a monopoly on strut tower braces for fast102 owners.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:28 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We can and usually will make anything, just need a donor set up to make it happen.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:18 AM
12 Second Club

The more I see people with a MWC 9 the more I want one. I need to start saving up. Take trade ins on a 12 bolt? lol
Old 03-12-2011, 09:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Asian LSX
The more I see people with a MWC 9 the more I want one. I need to start saving up. Take trade ins on a 12 bolt? lol
No we don't, if we did we would be stacked up on other 10-bolts, 12-bolts, and standard 9" that people sold off to get one of our set ups.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
No we don't, if we did we would be stacked up on other 10-bolts, 12-bolts, and standard 9" that people sold off to get one of our set ups.
Hell yea id swap mine out lol. Cant wait to get the Midwest Fab 9 in place of the Moser thats in there now, and a k member setup in place of the stocker.

Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics