Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis2
Well you know where to come for some shocks, what are you wanting to do as far as manufacture?
I am thinking the Vikings. Have strange single adjustables up front. But as always working on a tight budget!
Old 02-19-2015, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just put my deposit down! Can't wait to stuff some MWC sweetness under my car.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Glad I could help you out, have any more questions please feel free to ask.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackandgold
Just put my deposit down! Can't wait to stuff some MWC sweetness under my car.

Same here! Never had the $$ to put a quality part like this into my cars, finally able to swing it and i'm psyched, can't wait for it to arrive!

On a customer service note: Thanks to MWC (Jason) for taking the time to fill me in on my somewhat novice questions and make everything easy to understand. Great company to do business with!

-Chris-
Old 02-20-2015, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

No problem Chris happy to take care of you and if you have any more questions just fill free to ask.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

There was a discussion about custom colors on our FaceBook page and figured I'd share a one off color we did awhile ago.

We do black as a default color and red is very popular as well, done a few silver ones which we have one going out for silver now for powder coat. One of the best colors I think so far was John Deer green, I'll have to see if I can dig up some pictures of it.

I'm waiting for the day someone does a real off the wall combination, as if the John Deer wasn't crazy enough. ;}
Old 02-25-2015, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a discussion about custom colors on our FaceBook page and figured I'd share a one off color we did awhile ago.

We do black as a default color and red is very popular as well, done a few silver ones which we have one going out for silver now for powder coat. One of the best colors I think so far was John Deer green, I'll have to see if I can dig up some pictures of it.

I'm waiting for the day someone does a real off the wall combination, as if the John Deer wasn't crazy enough. ;}
wow love that blue, this color would so match all my other suspension
Old 02-26-2015, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 210guy
wow love that blue, this color would so match all my other suspension
How about green?
Old 02-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

How about green?
Haha nice, definitely something different
Old 03-02-2015, 01:11 AM
11 Second Club

How about green?

Less pictures and more boxing!
Old 03-02-2015, 06:27 AM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Gonna watch this thread for another deal. Thinking about buying an F250 today. If that doesn't happen I think I may put the down payment into a little something with 3.73's to help my old LT1 move a little quicker.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 4bangermustang
Less pictures and more boxing!
Don't forget I know where your car is..
Old 03-02-2015, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by That_One_Person
Gonna watch this thread for another deal. Thinking about buying an F250 today. If that doesn't happen I think I may put the down payment into a little something with 3.73's to help my old LT1 move a little quicker.
That's the nice thing about how we take a down payment and pay as needed, you can have both.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

For those looking to get into a housing fairly quick we had a couple customers change their order to a different combination after their housings were built so we currently have a stock width S-60, red stock width MWC fabricated nine inch with a brace, and a MWC nine inch black housing narrowed 3" per side with a brace and tow loops.

Transverse mounts can be added to any of these housings if need be and we can also set these rear ends up with any differential combination and axles or could be purchased as just housing and axles packages.

Give the shop a call if interested (309)382-6252
Old 03-12-2015, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Remember these can be outfitted with multiple different center sections or can be purchased as a housing torque arm package or housing torque arm and axle package.

We offer discounts if you are able to pick up your order.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

The S-60 we have in stock is powder coated with 4.11 gear and spool in stock width for those asking about it, the MWC fabricated nine inches are just empty housing and can be purchased in many different variations.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

It depends on what you order of course and you still have to remember even though we try to stock some components we build a lot custom components to suit our customers needs and that takes time away from us building stocking items but is also why we are busy because we do what no one else will or can do.

Front suspension items we try to keep in stock at all times if we can keep up with demand and our rear end packages are 4-6 weeks depending on what you order to have done. The reason we are so busy is because we don't do cookie cutter rear end builds, most of our customers have specific needs or wants and we build to their specs so they don't have to give up something they want. We always have LCA, PHB, Tourque arms, and other similar items in stock and ready to ship.
I ordered a fab 9".

Just sharing my experience:

ORDER TIMEFRAME:
Terrible
I ordered in September after being told it'd be several weeks. I put a small deposit down. Two months later I was told MWC was a few weeks out still. Several weeks later, I received a driveshaft out of nowhere.

I then began to get impatient and a little upset after I had yanked my 10 bolt to send backing plates and my car was on jackstands for weeks. After several calls and excuses ranging from Caterpillar hogging the powdercoater to parts being unavailable to having issues with employees (none of which are my problem) I finally was sent pictures and updates. I received the rear end in 4-5 months...not weeks.

I was told "this is the way aftermarket and custom fabrications are" and that I should've expected that. Terrible thing to tell a customer dropping $5500.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:
Average to Good.
Always answered phone calls and e-mails with a good attitude.

One issue that upset me is that I repeatedly was told that only backing plates were needed however I received a call when the rear was being assembled weeks after sending in backing plates: they needed reluctor rings which at that point I chose to purchase new ones to avoid additional shipping costs.

BUILD QUALITY:
Good.
The powdercoat job is marginal and easily shows scratches.

The build of the rear end looks good but do expect some rear end whining.

The exhaust is having to be completely redone even though its an slp catback which I find odd. My car is on oem springs with heater hose mod; I feel for those of you who are dropped!

SHIPPING PACKAGING:
Average.
The rear end was bolted to the bottom of a crate however only small wood framing existed in the corners going vertical and CARDBOARD surrounded the perimeter of the crate rather than wood. Needless to say the corner framing was crushed in yet no noticeable damage was done to the rear. R&L delivery was on time and they took care of me.

SUGGESTION: include instructions and torque specs

Last edited by LS1Aggie09; 03-17-2015 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Suggestion added
Old 03-18-2015, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

^^Ouch, hope mine doesn't take another 3 months!
Old 03-21-2015, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

The wait is pretty rough. The price and quality makes up for it IMO but it would be nice if they could be a bit more realistic when quoting completion times. Still, I'm glad they are committed to keeping quality up instead of hiring a bunch of low dollar "fabricators" to knock things out faster like a lot of shops do when work builds up. I waited a while for mine too, almost 4 months if I remember right. But that sure as hell won't stop me from going with MWC again if/when I need something else.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
The wait is pretty rough. The price and quality makes up for it IMO but it would be nice if they could be a bit more realistic when quoting completion times. Still, I'm glad they are committed to keeping quality up instead of hiring a bunch of low dollar "fabricators" to knock things out faster like a lot of shops do when work builds up. I waited a while for mine too, almost 4 months if I remember right. But that sure as hell won't stop me from going with MWC again if/when I need something else.
Well said. Good things come to those who wait.

I'm anxious as hell to get mine, and I'm sure I'll be full of smiles when it arrives. I've heard nothing but awesome things about MWC and the quality/service.

Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics