Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics

Old 08-24-2017, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any word on whether MWC will have a Labor Day sale on their Fab 9"?
Old 08-24-2017, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

I am not sure if we will have a sale as of yet but we generally do some type of sale. The problem is we can't keep up with demand as it is and have hired multiple new employees and built up our manufacturing equipment to help. For three years straight we have had one employee build just fabricated nine inches for the F-Body platform.

The problem is we do sales people purchase but don't realize that we will take roughly thirty new rear end orders just in that one week of sales and get upset that it adds to build time to cover that many from one week worth of orders because every order will be different. Though I would imagine there will be some type of sales going on so please just check back.

Then again when you have the best rear end option on the market demand is always there.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, that's a good problem to have.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Drove down from Minnesota to participate in Vicary Day at Cordova Raceway. Was glad I did. New Personal Best 60', 1/8 mile, and 1/4 mile.

Best 60':

Best 1/8 and 1/4:

Not the most idea drag setup either with 3640 raceweight, 3.25 gear, and 1.80 first gear. But I try to make up for that with no boost ramp. Bring it ALL in right away.

My my Fab 9" from Eric back in 2010 and been pounding the Wavetrac ever since.

MWC Components:
MWC Fabricated 9” w/3.25 gears, Stock width, 35-spline axles and Wavetrac differential.
MWC 8.50 cert Chromoly Cage Kit.
MWC mild steel K-member.
MWC mild steel upper and lower A-arms
MWC Solid Engine Mounts.
MWC Crash Bars.
MWC Travel Limiters.
MWC short torque arm for 3.5" catback w/ relocation crossmember.
MWC lower control arms.
MWC Panhard Bar.
MWC Anti-Roll bar.
MWC Rear bumper support with Chute Mount.

As well as a bunch of other stuff Eric sells: Menscer coilovers, Optic Armor, Strange Brakes, etc.

Thanks again for the products and the support from this weekend.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

We appreciate all the rear end orders over the weekend. Just a reminder that they are currently on sale for our Black Friday Promotion. Get the best prices of the year for the best optioned rear end on the market.

Midwest Chassis Rear Ends and Packages.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 01-06-2018, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Is the sale still going, and curious if a Fab 9 rear might be included?
Old 01-08-2018, 09:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

No the sale is currently over, our next sale will be during income tax time.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Only ERO's
Drove down from Minnesota to participate in Vicary Day at Cordova Raceway. Was glad I did. New Personal Best 60', 1/8 mile, and 1/4 mile.

Best 60':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrTLs_Heelk

Best 1/8 and 1/4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPxvHvw-3lA

Not the most idea drag setup either with 3640 raceweight, 3.25 gear, and 1.80 first gear. But I try to make up for that with no boost ramp. Bring it ALL in right away.

My my Fab 9" from Eric back in 2010 and been pounding the Wavetrac ever since.

MWC Components:
MWC Fabricated 9” w/3.25 gears, Stock width, 35-spline axles and Wavetrac differential.
MWC 8.50 cert Chromoly Cage Kit.
MWC mild steel K-member.
MWC mild steel upper and lower A-arms
MWC Solid Engine Mounts.
MWC Crash Bars.
MWC Travel Limiters.
MWC short torque arm for 3.5" catback w/ relocation crossmember.
MWC lower control arms.
MWC Panhard Bar.
MWC Anti-Roll bar.
MWC Rear bumper support with Chute Mount.

As well as a bunch of other stuff Eric sells: Menscer coilovers, Optic Armor, Strange Brakes, etc.

Thanks again for the products and the support from this weekend.
With all of these lightweight components, how is your raceweight so high?
Old 01-29-2018, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 85Iroc
Just suspension items being lighter is just part of getting race weight down. If the vehicle itself is still full weight as far as interior, retaining A/C, and heat that is not a bad race weight at all. Now add in the extra weight of the roll cage, turbo kit, and driver that is a fairly low number with the car loaded ready to make a pass.

I can not recall his complete build at this moment but pretty sure it is an iron block with twin turbos and far from gutted. Super clean nice car for sure.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Iroc
Starting to cut more weight this winter. I had hit most of the simpler things that did not affect much from the streetable side. Jason was off to a pretty good start.

LSX Block, twin turbos, A2A intercooler, cage.

Last year I had the factory passenger seat in there, full dash, radio, speakers, etc. No AC or heat.

Standard width rear with Wavetrac diff and iron 3rd member (I know weight could be cut there).

All body panels are factory with the exception of the MWC bumper supports. WS6 hood, Trans Am trunk.

Optic armor front and rear.

3" Aluminum dual exhaust all the way out the back.

All radial tires (quite a bit more than bias ply).

The 3650 would be with a full tank and all safety equipment. So the 3650 would be a max, but I usually race with at least 1/2 tank because I don't have fuel bucket anymore. (8*6~50lbs of fuel). The 3 450 pumps took priority over that and I don't want to starve them.

Oh yeah, and a driver that likes meat and potatoes, that doesn't help either.

Planning to cut weight this winter on it. Carbon fiber roof, carbon fiber hood, tubular front kit, manual brakes, manual steering, aftermarket steering wheel, bigger turbos (that actually came in lighter due to stainless exhaust), exhaust out the front fenders rather than the rear bumper, trim the cowl, both seats aluminum, no radio/speakers/power antenna.

Overall, yes, I had a lot of lightweight parts, but it is difficult to get these cars light with a good block and power adder, unless you are planning to really cut things apart.

I am hoping for 200-400 more horsepower this year and 200-250lbs lighter. Will see how things work out. Should be a fairly wild street car if so!
Old 02-28-2018, 01:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Giving this thread a little bumpity bump in honor of the order I placed on Friday. Pretty cool to think that this spring will be the last with the crusty old 10 bolt!

My order was for:

MWC Fab 9
Stock width
back brace and fill cap
1/2" studs
long torque arm with T-56 crossmember
strange pro nodular case
powertrax diff
3.89 gear ratio
powder coated black
provisions for 3 channel abs
completed assembly

3.5" drag aluminum driveshaft

tunnel fitting driveshaft loop

Last edited by Tang2; 02-28-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tang2
Giving this thread a little bumpity bump in honor of the order I placed on Friday. Pretty cool to think that this spring will be the last with the crusty old 10 bolt!

My order was for:

MWC Fab 9
Stock width
back brace and fill cap
1/2" studs
long torque arm with T-56 crossmember
strange pro nodular case
powertrax diff
3.89 gear ratio
powder coated black
provisions for 3 channel abs
completed assembly

3.5" drag aluminum driveshaft

tunnel fitting driveshaft loop
What was the total?
Old 02-28-2018, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
What was the total?
This rear setup was roughly $4000, but I was at $4800 out the door with the loop, driveshaft, and additional shipping costs to get it to my house (no liftgate service). You can cut that down quite a bit further by assembling yourself, skipping powder coating, and not having 3 channel ABS lol. I could have easily spent a bit more on the case and diff though.

Last edited by Tang2; 02-28-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

This rear setup was roughly $4000, but I was at $4800 out the door with the loop, driveshaft, and additional shipping costs to get it to my house (no liftgate service). You can cut that down quite a bit further by assembling yourself, skipping powder coating, and not having 3 channel ABS lol. I could have easily spent a bit more on the case and diff though.
Yeah that rear is really nice, but that price is just too much lol. Hell even at 3k it's crazy how expensive rear ends are for our cars, especially when considering they are like darn near a third of the value of the cars total worth lol.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah that rear is really nice, but that price is just too much lol. Hell even at 3k it's crazy how expensive rear ends are for our cars, especially when considering they are like darn near a third of the value of the cars total worth lol.
I agree, rears in general are expensive for our cars. I considered them all, but I won't do a 12 bolt having broken one myself in the past, the S60 (optioned how I'd like it) was within $500 of the Midwest chassis rear without a torque arm, and I needed one of those. I also didn't want the increased weight that comes with the S60 or the regular Moser 9-inch. My problem was that there are just some options I wasn't willing to forgo like powder coating and the retention of abs.

I actually talked myself into the Strange HD Pro thru-bolt aluminum case last night, so I emailed them to process that upgrade. What's another $250 right!?
Old 03-01-2018, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

I agree, rears in general are expensive for our cars. I considered them all, but I won't do a 12 bolt having broken one myself in the past, the S60 (optioned how I'd like it) was within $500 of the Midwest chassis rear without a torque arm, and I needed one of those. I also didn't want the increased weight that comes with the S60 or the regular Moser 9-inch. My problem was that there are just some options I wasn't willing to forgo like powder coating and the retention of abs.

I actually talked myself into the Strange HD Pro thru-bolt aluminum case last night, so I emailed them to process that upgrade. What's another $250 right!?
Absolutely. Another $250 at this point is no big deal lol. If I didn't score a great deal on a torque arm and relocation crossmember I was definitely set in the MWC 9". DTS here in MI quoted me about $3600 for a complete S60 installed with driveshaft. That comes powder coated as well. I'm not crazy on the extra weight but the extra 60 lbs or so won't even make a difference in tract times so I'm not really worried. Plus having DTS being local and having a warranty and all that makes it nice if there's ever an issue or whatever.

Either way it's gonna be nice to not have to worry about that damn 10 bolt anymore right lol?
Old 03-01-2018, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Absolutely. Another $250 at this point is no big deal lol. If I didn't score a great deal on a torque arm and relocation crossmember I was definitely set in the MWC 9". DTS here in MI quoted me about $3600 for a complete S60 installed with driveshaft. That comes powder coated as well. I'm not crazy on the extra weight but the extra 60 lbs or so won't even make a difference in tract times so I'm not really worried. Plus having DTS being local and having a warranty and all that makes it nice if there's ever an issue or whatever.

Either way it's gonna be nice to not have to worry about that damn 10 bolt anymore right lol?
For sure brother! It will actually be a stress relief to be rid of the 10 bolt. I worry about it every time I mash the throttle down. We have to meet up for a track day or two after these new rears go in!

I still have another 300 miles before my clutch is broken in, so by the time I actually get that done, the new rear should be about here. I probably won't even drive the car until April, and it'll take me a couple of months to do 300 city miles. That should all make the wait for the new rear easier to digest haha!
Old 03-01-2018, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

For sure brother! It will actually be a stress relief to be rid of the 10 bolt. I worry about it every time I mash the throttle down. We have to meet up for a track day or two after these new rears go in!

I still have another 300 miles before my clutch is broken in, so by the time I actually get that done, the new rear should be about here. I probably won't even drive the car until April, and it'll take me a couple of months to do 300 city miles. That should all make the wait for the new rear easier to digest haha!
Good deal. Yeah I'd like to see what I can actually do on nitrous for a change lol. Of course you and I both need a stickier tire to even have a chance to get some real traction. A 315 drag radial on a 17 or 18 inch wheel isn't gonna cut it lol
Old 03-01-2018, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good deal. Yeah I'd like to see what I can actually do on nitrous for a change lol. Of course you and I both need a stickier tire to even have a chance to get some real traction. A 315 drag radial on a 17 or 18 inch wheel isn't gonna cut it lol
I'd like to get into the 11's on the 315 drag radial, which I think will be possible if I can manage a 1.8-1.9 60ft. With a tire and a 1.6 short time, I'm hoping for mid to low 11's in good weather. Of course once I manage that I'll need to find my way into the 10's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics