Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mike135531bubba
MWC has great customer service. I just bought a new rear end from them, they were super helpful.
Thank you.
Old 01-30-2021, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Just ordered my MWC Fab 9 yesterday. Eric spent a lot of time on the phone with me detailing every option and was extremely helpful with guiding me through the purchase to make sure I got everything included for a complete package. Exactly what I needed, Thank you
Old 03-25-2021, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up my 9'' today from MWC and had a really good experience and wanted to share. Eric the owner of MWC went over everything with me on the 9"" and gave me some really good advice on my Fbody. I think I spent over a hour just talking about my car with him and how to make it better. I would definitely recommend doing business with him no matter if your new to this hobby for pro. I'll be back to buy viking coilovers and a few other things. I'll post up pictures of my 9'' once I get my gopro charged up.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by eng399
I just picked up my 9'' today from MWC and had a really good experience and wanted to share. Eric the owner of MWC went over everything with me on the 9"" and gave me some really good advice on my Fbody. I think I spent over a hour just talking about my car with him and how to make it better. I would definitely recommend doing business with him no matter if your new to this hobby for pro. I'll be back to buy viking coilovers and a few other things. I'll post up pictures of my 9'' once I get my gopro charged up.
Nice! Please post pics. I’m about 3 weeks away from getting mine.
Old 05-27-2021, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

If anyone has any questions about their order status or future orders please email us at sales@midwestchassis.com as we are short staffed but like many companies experiencing a higher volume of orders than normal combined with shortages on raw materials and items from out sourced vendors. With email we can handle your questions more efficiently and we want to thank you for your patience during these unexpected times.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys what rear end/differential oil are you using in your MWC 9'' for break in and after. I'm about to install mine

Thanks
Old 05-29-2021, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

Patiently waiting for mine to get powder coated and then hopefully assembled so I can get my car on the road for the summer 😎
Old 06-01-2021, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by eng399
Hey guys what rear end/differential oil are you using in your MWC 9'' for break in and after. I'm about to install mine

Thanks
It all depends on the differential itself.

Powertrax Grip Pro Details

Strange S-Trac Details

Old 06-01-2021, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by capelajc
Patiently waiting for mine to get powder coated and then hopefully assembled so I can get my car on the road for the summer 😎
We appreciate your patience and, we apologize for the inconvenience.
The following users liked this post:
capelajc (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis2
We appreciate your patience and, we apologize for the inconvenience.
As much as I’d love to drive my car now that the weather has been nice…I’ve had it 20 years and blessed to be able to make the upgrades. What’s a little while longer. Who knew we would have this craziness going on. Just glad we are all here to talk about it.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by capelajc
As much as I’d love to drive my car now that the weather has been nice…I’ve had it 20 years and blessed to be able to make the upgrades. What’s a little while longer. Who knew we would have this craziness going on. Just glad we are all here to talk about it.
It is definitely trying times for every type of manufacturer/retailer to get the items needed to produce a product. It isn't just effecting companies such as ourselves but the food and beverage industry and we all know the craziness going on with lumber and steel at the moment.
Old 06-03-2021, 01:28 PM
TECH Regular

My brother owns his own business and has been building pools for over 30 years In the last 2 years with people not being able to travel or vacation the pool demand has skyrocketed! However not only is the material unavailable or hard to get/expensive …he can barely get anyone other than regulars who want to work. They rather stay home and collect, making more money sitting home right now. Once we get in this rut it’s hard to go back to a “normal “.
Old 06-06-2021, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 205 Likes on 159 Posts

It all depends on the differential itself.

Powertrax Grip Pro Details

Strange S-Trac Details
How much power can the S-Trac hold? Looking to launch off a transbrake with 1200 hp at the flywheel in a heavy *** 3800 lb 4th gen until I can pull some weight out.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
How much power can the S-Trac hold? Looking to launch off a transbrake with 1200 hp at the flywheel in a heavy *** 3800 lb 4th gen until I can pull some weight out.
HP is generally not a good way to measure an items ability when talking about a quality built product. Vehicle weight and abuse generally do more harm than HP itself along with other factors. With that said the S-Trac has been proven over and over again to be the go to differential in higher HP heavier weight vehicles. However if one wants durability when drag racing the spool is the best option out there but of course not as street friendly.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

Old 07-15-2021, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by ssvert99
my package prices are quoted as shipping included. no extra costs or fees to hide. the only thing to consider is if a *completely assembled* rearend has to be delivered residential, then there is a liftgate truck fee, which is gonna happen no matter who sells a product of this size and weight. i do offer a completely assembled rearend(assembly is free), and i have a great discount from FedEx Freight, which i pass along to the customer.
Don't ever be fooled by someone offering "Free Shipping". freight is never free, i don't care who you are.
i have never "bashed" the Moser M9's... i sell Moser products, why would i bash them? i will, however, state the features of my housings that make it a benefit compared to all the other housings out there.

Midwest Chassis Fabricated 9 inch rearend features:
-cad design components, laser cut, cnc folded, seamless tubing, billet housing ends
-fixture welded for consistency and accuracy
-all usa made steel and components, other than Motive Gear brand gears(Italy)
-designed to work on street cars with ORY full exhaust, duals, or hard-core drag cars
-true fabricated design. triangulated design is much stronger than stock stamped type housings. the lightest weight bolt-in housing available and guaranteed as strong or stronger than any others made of the same materials.
-fully gusseted design. internal bulkhead gussets and axle tube go all the way to the carrier studs, fully welded around axle tube, face plate, and housing back side.
-widest housing design- increases strength of housings with or without brace. 4-5 inches of axle tube is welded to the faceplate
-same design housing we use on 200+ mph top sportsman cars
-any width- no charge
-narrowed lca brackets available- no charge
-4 hole adjustable relocator style lca brackets standard- no charge
-drain plug standard- no charge
-stock style mounted anti-sway bar brackets standard- no charge
-e-brake cable and brake hose brackets welded on(or bolt-on)- no charge
-brake line clips welded on- no charge
-housing vent included
-all grade 8 hardware included
-ARP housing studs installed
-tapered housing backbrace installation available- option charge
-chromemoly adjustable torque arm included- tunnel mount or trans xmember mount
-torque arm uses a aircraft grade, chromemoly, teflon lined heim joint at the front to allow suspension articulation with no bind.
-trans crossmember mounted version available for any transmission combo
-tunnel mounted crossmembers available for cat-back or duals.
-tunnel mounted versions include driveshaft loop- no charge
-torque arm is mounted to the crossmembers with a 4 hole height adjustable pivot link. this is the best design to free up suspension movement.
-street version link is mounted to the crossmember with a Energy Suspension polyurethane bushing to eliminate noise created by the other designs.
-any type center section available. nodular iron, aluminum Strange or Moser
-all ring and pinion gear setups are complete. i assemble them myself. 15 years exp.
-drag-race anti-roll bar available- rearend housing or chassis mounted- option charge
-mild steel and *full* chromemoly versions available. some company's claim their housings to be all chromemoly when the stamped factory type center is not chromemoly
-any one-off custom feature available- you want it- we can build it to your spec.
-industrial grade powdercoating available on the entire setup... only 100.00 as option!
-first company to offer 3 channel abs on production 9 inch rearends
-suspension, driveshaft, brake components offered at discount with rearend purchase
-we are a chassis shop- design, build, assemble, race the components we sell.
-when you call, you talk to me(day or night)... the guy who designed it and built it.

- base price package starts at 2600.00 shipped. includes the housing, axles, complete center section, torque arm and applicable crossmember for your application. a standard 9 inch with similar options and an equivalent torque arm setup will cost over 3000.00. the Midwest Chassis fabricated 9 inch includes features at no charge that others don't even offer.

these are just a few things that come to mind... this post will be long enough.
Oh man I really wish I came across this post before I bought my QP 9" a couple years ago which has all kinds of issues. But thankfully I just pulled the trigger and ordered up your fab 9 and axle package. I kinda hate myself for doing this twice but this is what I get for trying to save a few bucks. I just received your 2 piece race arm and crossmember for my 91 camaro and was gonna just fit it to my QP but decided to just pull it and go all midwest chassis because its so damn nice!! Definitely felt like a huge pain in the *** for checking in once a month about the torque arm/crossmember.

Last edited by 91 Z28; 07-15-2021 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 91 Z28
Oh man I really wish I came across this post before I bought my QP 9" a couple years ago which has all kinds of issues. But thankfully I just pulled the trigger and ordered up your fab 9 and axle package. I kinda hate myself for doing this twice but this is what I get for trying to save a few bucks. I just received your 2 piece race arm and crossmember for my 91 camaro and was gonna just fit it to my QP but decided to just pull it and go all midwest chassis because its so damn nice!! Definitely felt like a huge pain in the *** for checking in once a month about the torque arm/crossmember.
Most of our customers today are saying the same thing as they are either replacing a nine inch bought elsewhere, a 12-Bolt, or 8.8. Five years ago I think we had close to 15 people replacing their 8.8 for all types of issues and the stamped 9 inch with the bracket bracket set up has been keeping us busy in two piece torque arms or people just starting all over in the same manner you did.
Old 07-19-2021, 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

Most of our customers today are saying the same thing as they are either replacing a nine inch bought elsewhere, a 12-Bolt, or 8.8. Five years ago I think we had close to 15 people replacing their 8.8 for all types of issues and the stamped 9 inch with the bracket bracket set up has been keeping us busy in two piece torque arms or people just starting all over in the same manner you did.
Yea after I got my 2 piece arm and crossmember, seeing how nicely crafted it was I just got to thinking if I'm gonna be pulling the rear end again I'm just gonna order up the proper matching housing and axles. Y'all do some beautiful work can't wait to see it all put together. Thanks guys
Old 08-13-2021, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 91 Z28
Yea after I got my 2 piece arm and crossmember, seeing how nicely crafted it was I just got to thinking if I'm gonna be pulling the rear end again I'm just gonna order up the proper matching housing and axles. Y'all do some beautiful work can't wait to see it all put together. Thanks guys
Thank you we appreciate it.
Old 09-02-2021, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Keep in mind with any purchase of a Midwest Chassis nine inch we offer a 10% discount on all MWC manufactured rear suspension items with purchase. Items like Watts link, PHB, LCA, and even SFC. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Items must be bought at the same time as the rearend or before your order ships out to take advantage of this offer.

Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics