Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

In market for a beefy new rear.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default In market for a beefy new rear.

Last year with my stock cubes motor (pretty agressive build tho however) I did some damage to my stock 10bolt, no suprise there.

Well this year I have a large cube engine build about to go in, and I am still in the air with regards to a rearend.

I have in the range of 2000~ish dollars to spend.

I do know these facts:

I will have 500+ rwhp/rwtq and I will also have nitrous
I have an a4 car with a 4000 Yank stall.

i DONT want a spool
i DONT want abs
i DONT want tcs
i DO want LCA relocation brackets
i DO want to be able to use my factory rear swaybar
i DO want to be able to use my own aftermarket torque arm
i DO have my own backing plates.
i realize I will also need a better driveshaft, so driveshaft length will not matter to me.
unsure as to what spline axles
unsure as to what rear brakes
unsure as to what driveshaft (altho Im reading about carbon fibre or chrome)

Ive looked at a couple websites that I know of that offer aftermarket rears, and I can never figure out if they are able to provide me with everything I need or want.

I also did quite a bit of research on the forums here, altho it has helped alot, I noticed some posts being dated may not be up to date in certain changes, IE, some companies products have been upgraded to now offer things that they simply didnt offer as features before, and I dont want to overlook them because of it.

So I am hoping that maybe a vendor or members who have been thru this before and are now more familiar with the same setup I am looking for can provide me with some input, and maybe steer me in the right direction to finding the rearend thats right for me. PM's are welcome, thanks.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:26 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com

260 244-4808
Old 04-05-2008, 04:33 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SS SLP2
Thanks!

The Truetrac is good for 600 rwhp, which will handle the greater percentage of the cars out there. With the 31 spline axles this is a stout package.

You can reuse your stock brakes with the Moser 9 inch rear, and it comes with a 1350 yoke, which the better aftermarket driveshafts are designed for.

I recommend the lower control arm relocation brackets, which really aid in getting traction. Bob
Old 04-05-2008, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Yes, I had the LCA brackets in my DO list, I agree. How about my factory rear sway bar, can I reuse this?

Also, If I plan on having in the 500+rwhp range N/A plus my nitrous (altho I have only used nitrous twice in the 3 years I had it in my previous combo) is 600+rwhp too much for a true trac? I dont want to buy something that is just barely good enough and have to buy something twice.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by aNuBiS
Yes, I had the LCA brackets in my DO list, I agree. How about my factory rear sway bar, can I reuse this?

Also, If I plan on having in the 500+rwhp range N/A plus my nitrous (altho I have only used nitrous twice in the 3 years I had it in my previous combo) is 600+rwhp too much for a true trac? I dont want to buy something that is just barely good enough and have to buy something twice.

Thanks for your reply.
You can re-use the stock sway bar with a mounting kit from Spohn or BMR etc, but I would opt for replacing the stocker with a beefier BMR or Spohn solid mount drag bar.

IMO, from what I've read, if you want something bullet proof, 500 rwhp +nitrous might be a bit much for the tru-track, especially if this is a full weight car with slicks and launching off transbrake or clutch dumps. You might want to consider a locker or spool.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:48 PM
10 Second Club

This is a full weight car, however its an a4 so wont be too many clutch dumps, lol.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:06 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

The BMR Xtreme anti-roll bar really helps these cars to launch straight, as you can preload the right side. The bar is shown here. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=183

The Moser rears offer the brackets for these bars already welded on, saving time and money for those who aren't welders. Bob