Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 12 bolt & BMR torque arm???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moser 12 bolt & BMR torque arm???????

I have a BMR non adjustable torque arm will this still work with my new Moser 12 bolt or do I need the adjustable BMR torque arm ??? I was told that it will and it wont work????? I also have an aftermarket driveline will I have to do some modifications to it as well for it to fit? and if so how do I modify my driveline??? all info is greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks.....BB
Old 05-13-2008, 02:33 AM
Launching!

What about Bob! Iam suprised he has not replied considering hes the rearend king on this page hahahaha.....Iam sure he will reply sooner or later lol...BB
Old 05-13-2008, 05:16 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm here, finally. I've been stuck at the top answering pm's, I had 42 and got it them whittled down somewhat. Any BMR torque arm should fit, it may take a little grinding to get it to work, but we have used them all.
What do you mean by aftermarket driveline? An aftermarket driveshaft should bolt right up if it has a 1350 u joint. If this driveshaft bolted right up to your old 10 bolt rear, then a Napa 240-0447X u joint will be needed. Bob
Old 05-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=Exotic Performance Plus;9352650]I'm here, finally. I've been stuck at the top answering pm's, I had 42 and got it them whittled down somewhat. Any BMR torque arm should fit, it may take a little grinding to get it to work, but we have used them all.
What do you mean by aftermarket driveline? An aftermarket driveshaft should bolt right up if it has a 1350 u joint. If this driveshaft bolted right up to your old 10 bolt rear, then a Napa 240-0447X u joint will be needed. Bob[/QUOTE

Thanks Bob! You know what I bought the 1350 u joint and took it back thinking that the driveshaft already has it on but after you telling me that if it fit onto the 10bolt then its not the 1350! damn it looks like I will be back at Napa first thing in the morning to pick it up. well I got my car at a reputable rear end shop so they should have it undercontrol they install Mosers all the time so maybe i will just have him deal with it hehehe...thanks for the 411 Bob your the man!!!!!!! BB
Old 05-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to cut or grind the 1st set of holes off the TQ arm so the arm will come closer to the rear, otherwise it will hit the underside and the seat belt bolts. If you got a bigger yoke but still want to use the stocker DS. then you need to upgrade the u joint. or buy a better peice that already has it.

Quick Reply: Moser 12 bolt & BMR torque arm???????