Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

SLAVE CYLINDER ?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLAVE CYLINDER ?????

OM MY 2000 Z28 M6.... DO I NEED TO CHANGE MY SLAVE CYLINDER??( TO WHAT YEAR) BECAUSE I'M UPGRADING TO A Z06 CLUTC.... OR IS THERE A WAY TO MODIFY THE STOCK ONE. IF THERE IS A WAY TO MODIFY CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW..
Old 04-10-2003, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Default Re: SLAVE CYLINDER ?????

the hydraulic feed line from the master to the slave in restricted from the factory.
can bore the restriction from the factory setting of .063" to .125" for quicker and smoother engagement of the clutch bearing . also makes for less force needed in the clutch pedal
Old 04-11-2003, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by SILVER:
<strong> OM MY 2000 Z28 M6.... DO I NEED TO CHANGE MY SLAVE CYLINDER??( TO WHAT YEAR) BECAUSE I'M UPGRADING TO A Z06 CLUTC.... OR IS THERE A WAY TO MODIFY THE STOCK ONE. IF THERE IS A WAY TO MODIFY CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW.. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The newer slave and master cylinder came on the 2001+ cars. I would buy the newer slave and at the minimum do the drill out mod on your 2000 master cylinder. I put a 01 Z06 clutch in my Z28 about 2 years ago with a 01 slave and kept my old stock 98 master cylinder. The hydraulic never felt right in my opinion. It engaged too close to the bottom. Just recently I put in the 01+ slave, 01+ master cylinder with the drill out mod, and a Spec III clutch. I must say the hydraulic feels awesome compared to before. No telling how much better my previous set would have been with the drill out mod. I would recommend the drill out mod no matter which master cylinder you use.
Old 04-12-2003, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How did you guys bleed the clutch after you did the drillout?? Also, how far did you guys drill down the line with a 1/8 drill bit? I drilled down about an inch or little more and cant get peddle pressure as of now! any info appreciated!! Stock 01" clutch and master!
Old 04-13-2003, 12:37 AM
On The Tree

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TransAmJo:
<strong> How did you guys bleed the clutch after you did the drillout?? Also, how far did you guys drill down the line with a 1/8 drill bit? I drilled down about an inch or little more and cant get peddle pressure as of now! any info appreciated!! Stock 01" clutch and master! </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I used a mighty vac to suck/flush the metal shavings out and also bleed it with the mighty vac.

I pretty much drilled further then I expected, from what I read, until the bit was able to slide in and out with no issues. I was surprise at how far my drill bit went in. Shoot me an email at texastech97@yahoo.com, and I'll send you a couple of pictures of how far my drill bit went it. Another thing I did was stepped up on the bit sizes to work the restriction larger and larger.

<small>[ April 13, 2003, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Go Texas Tech ]</small>