Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Fab 9 or Moser M9... time to choose

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 06:37 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$3,225.00 shipped. No brake clips but it includes fill and drain plugs. You can pick out the options to your liking right here. The locker with 35 spline axles is only $35.00 more.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1324

And remember, you'll still be able to use it this Summer. Bob

Last edited by Exotic Performance Plus; 07-08-2008 at 04:31 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Bob well there you go the midwest is 500 dollars less so that is why I am right the TA is free. Ha got ya. I do understand there is no wait for the moser, but 500 dollars is worth the wait to me and thats why I went midwest and now his shipping is as fast as moser. Not trying to start a fight just stating the price difference. I like to save money and make my dollar go as far as I can. I ended up with a new driveshaft and a tru trac diff upgrade and it came out to 3650 with four channel abs and aluminum center section and forged aluminum pinion support and billet yoke. If you would of matched that price I would of went with you, but I know you can't so I decided to wait for my rear and it will be well worth the wait. That price also includes shipping
Old 07-08-2008, 03:46 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 52172
Bob well there you go the midwest is 500 dollars less so that is why I am right the TA is free. Ha got ya. I do understand there is no wait for the moser, but 500 dollars is worth the wait to me and thats why I went midwest and now his shipping is as fast as moser. Not trying to start a fight just stating the price difference. I like to save money and make my dollar go as far as I can. I ended up with a new driveshaft and a tru trac diff upgrade and it came out to 3650 with four channel abs and aluminum center section and forged aluminum pinion support and billet yoke. If you would of matched that price I would of went with you, but I know you can't so I decided to wait for my rear and it will be well worth the wait. That price also includes shipping
My price includes the true trac, alum pinion support and the billet yoke, but the $3,650.00 price is better than I can do. I'm not going to sell a Moser M9 for less than what I pay for them.
I wasn't aware that Midwest was now shipping them out just two days after the order is received, that is great news for everyone who is waiting on one! Bob

Last edited by Exotic Performance Plus; 07-08-2008 at 04:30 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the price quote Bob you do have one of the best customer service around bar none! I have been in touch with you way back when you were posting on ls1.com all the time before you switched over the tech.com. I respect your opinion on everything and know you are one of THE BEST shops in the whole country! Thanks for being so helpful to all of us ls1tech members all of the time. I have bought quite a few things from your shop before and will continue to do so in the future! Hope all is well and hope your bussiness prospers now and in the future!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 04:41 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 52172
Thanks for the price quote Bob you do have one of the best customer service around bar none! I have been in touch with you way back when you were posting on ls1.com all the time before you switched over the tech.com. I respect your opinion on everything and know you are one of THE BEST shops in the whole country! Thanks for being so helpful to all of us ls1tech members all of the time. I have bought quite a few things from your shop before and will continue to do so in the future! Hope all is well and hope your business prospers now and in the future!!!
Thanks I appreciate it! My shop is very busy right now, I just hope it continues with the economy the way it is! Bob
Old 07-09-2008, 06:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

A few more positive tid bits for the Midwest axle, which I have too.

Yes the TA is included in the package and you get the choice of a tunnel mount short adjustable TA or the longer tranny mount adjustable TA. Both are made out of chromeoly as well. I went with the tunnel mount TA which also includes a DS loop.

The Midwest rear also has the large Daytona bearing support, solid spacer (no crush sleeve) and the tapered axle bearings which are supposed to hold up to more punishment. Also dont forget the intergrated (not tacked on) adjustable LCA mounts that allow 4 positions for the LCA's.

Its great news that Eric is getting these things out the door faster, that adds even more to the excellent value of the product.

My setup includes:
Fabbed 9" rear end
Powder coating
Drain plug
30 spline Moser axles
Adjustable LCA reloaction mounts
Tapered HD axle bearings
Motive 3.90's R&P setup
Strange S gear case
Solid spacer (no crush sleeve)
Daytona pinion support
Detroit Trutrac differential
3 channel ABS mod
Tunnel mount chromeoly torque arm and mounting bracket
Strange chromeoly 3" drive shaft with u-joints
Hardware
Shipping
All this for much much less than $3650.00

The M9 is an equally excellent and proven product, but it cant beat the value of the Midwest rear end IMHO.

Last edited by wrd1972; 07-09-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Mine has back brace and aluminum center section and billet yoke and forged pinion support.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is on order!

Quick Reply: Fab 9 or Moser M9... time to choose