Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

HELP! I've got to choose between a Moser M9 or Fab 9

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! I've got to choose between a Moser 12 or M9 or Fab 9

I'm near sorted now for a level 2 trans & converter combo from Perfomabuilt, thanks Frank .
So now I've got to choose my rear. I hope you guys will step in with some advice and experience. I have a new fully forged engine in my sights with over 500 rwhp, so just missing the axle.
I need a 4 channel (ABS & Traction) 3.73 ratio, hopefully with backplates and all other brackets so that everything on the car can go back on without having to mod or weld anything, I have new discs ready to go on. I already have a UMI Tunnel Braced Adjustable Torque Arm w/DSL, so it would be nice to be able to keep this, but I dont know if they would work. Would my stock driveshaft work here or would it be best going with a new one, also would there be any clearance problems as my car has been lowered? Very important would be a silent setup, my current gears whine like pigs. Is there such a beast that is silent and bolt on and that will work with my UMI parts or at least most of them? You guys have helped me out in the past so I'm hoping will again, any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by chevythunderz28; 07-08-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:38 AM
Staging Lane

Default Help!

Anyone ?
Old 07-08-2008, 07:35 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We can set you up with a fabricated 9". I have the housing powdercoated right now for 1099.00 we can add any axle and center section you want. PM me and I can get you set up.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:17 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i do offer complete assembled rearends... brake mounts, abs/tcs, true bolt-in assembly. no clearancing, cutting or welding. any other 9 inch with a traditional type torque arm will have tunnel clearance problems and will require hammering the tunnel. i also offer the tried and true Strange bolt-in rearends, which can be used with your current suspension components. the Strange rearends will also be completes, and can accept the abs/tcs systems. pm me with your build specifics and shipping code for an estimate.