Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Clutch Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 08:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Vibration

Hey guys I'm in desperate need of some help. I got a 04 GTO and i've been getting a vibration thru my clutch pedal and its driving me nuts. I've changed the Driveshaft, installed a new clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, and slave. Its still there!!!! Does anyone else have any ideas?? I posted this over on the GTO forum and i got no help.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

More info... Does it do it all of the time, clutch engaged, disengaged, idle, at speed, etc.? What did you replace when you did the clutch work?
Old 07-12-2008, 04:32 PM
12 Second Club

it does it while accelerating and when i did the clutch work everything got replaced clutch disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing, slave, flywheel.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

And it's just the clutch pedal? You don't feel it in the steering wheel or the seat? The pedal is mounted to the body. It only has a hydraulic line (a flexible one at that) connecting it to the clutch (and the rest of the drivetrain). The only way I'd see you getting a vibration from the clutch would be if you were riding the pedal or the throwout bearing was riding on the pressure plate. Where does your pedal release (how far off the floor)? If what I said was the case, it would be releasing right off the floor.

When did the vibration start and was something done to the car at that time?
Old 07-14-2008, 02:00 AM
12 Second Club

I did a lil experiment tonite the vibration happens from 2000 to 3500 RPM's and then will disappear. tomorrow i'll pay attention to see if i feel it in the steering wheel or seat. i really wanna get this problem solved. also its a brand new clutch so from what the dealership told me it self adjusts. It was releasing off the floor but its a lil bit higher now.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:19 PM
12 Second Club

I get no other vibration except thru the clutch pedal. it happens from 1750 RPM to 3500 and then disappears. I'm thinking something in either the tranny or the rear diff has some play.

Quick Reply: Clutch Vibration