Gen 5 Camaro Drivetrain Tech Clutch, torque converter, rear end, axles

Hard time shifting after spec sc66pt super twin disc clutch install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hard time shifting after spec sc66pt super twin disc clutch install?

I installed a spec twin disc clutch from spec (sc66pt) on my 2010 camaro ss this weekend and after the it was installed it is VERY hard to put in any gear and reverse is nearly impossible. The spline lined up good no real problem installing it, the hurst shifter did have alot of "slop" but it was never an issue to put into gear. i have new bushing in oder for it but im very confused on to what is really the problem. The thing that really throws my off is it goes into gear somewhat easy while the car is off but revearse is still very hard. Please help me resolve this problem.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moiy1983
I installed a spec twin disc clutch from spec (sc66pt) on my 2010 camaro ss this weekend and after the it was installed it is VERY hard to put in any gear and reverse is nearly impossible. The spline lined up good no real problem installing it, the hurst shifter did have alot of "slop" but it was never an issue to put into gear. i have new bushing in oder for it but im very confused on to what is really the problem. The thing that really throws my off is it goes into gear somewhat easy while the car is off but revearse is still very hard. Please help me resolve this problem.

Clutch isnt fully disengaging! You can damage your tranny by forcing gears so don't do that
Bleed your hydraulics and verify you are getting full release from the clutch when pedal in. A quick try is to keep it in first, clutch IN, and rev the car to about 4-5000 rpm on a flat driveway or parking lot and see if the car creeps forward. If it does (likely will) your clutch is dragging.

Quick Reply: Hard time shifting after spec sc66pt super twin disc clutch install?