Gen 5 Camaro Drivetrain Tech Clutch, torque converter, rear end, axles

Carrier Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Carrier Rebuild

I was hoping somebody could help me with sourcing the parts to rebuild the lsd carrier in my 2010 SS.

I read through the instructions on how to modify the spider gears and increase the number of clutches in the packs as well as install the higher pressure spring, but the bad press the vendor that sells that stuff is getting scares me away from dealing with them.

As an alternative I have been looking for another source for those parts and can't find one. I contacted AAM via their website but have not heard back and all the local places that do gears don't want to mess with it.

Anyone have any idea on where I could get the parts required to rebuild there internals of the carrier itself?
Old 05-25-2015, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Default Sub'd

I'm looking for the same info as well
Old 05-26-2015, 06:49 PM
11 Second Club

I have the JRE kit for 2-3 years now.Works OK,I would need to add another bottle of friction modifier because the clutches are grabbing a little too much for my liking right now.
As far as I know,JRE has a kit and their was another company that advertised that they had a kit. It was Anti Venom EFI in Florida.Didn't see it on their website thought.You might need to call them to see if it's still available.
If I'd guess what parts they used is either Ford 8.8/ Dana 44 clutch kit with the Ford 8.8 center spring.
When I did mine,their was no aftermarket diff's at the time,now theirs the Eaton Truetrac and now Auburn has one. Both are known to work great.If I'd do it again,I'd go with a truetrac myself.

Depends on your HP goal and if you have a manual or automatic transmission. If you have a manual,I'd upgrade to a 9"/Dana 60/ or the Zl1 setup right away. Some upgraded diff's (8.6") has been running in the 10's with the Auto tranny.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by motion427
I have the JRE kit for 2-3 years now.Works OK,I would need to add another bottle of friction modifier because the clutches are grabbing a little too much for my liking right now.
As far as I know,JRE has a kit and their was another company that advertised that they had a kit. It was Anti Venom EFI in Florida.Didn't see it on their website thought.You might need to call them to see if it's still available.
If I'd guess what parts they used is either Ford 8.8/ Dana 44 clutch kit with the Ford 8.8 center spring.
When I did mine,their was no aftermarket diff's at the time,now theirs the Eaton Truetrac and now Auburn has one. Both are known to work great.If I'd do it again,I'd go with a truetrac myself.

Depends on your HP goal and if you have a manual or automatic transmission. If you have a manual,I'd upgrade to a 9"/Dana 60/ or the Zl1 setup right away. Some upgraded diff's (8.6") has been running in the 10's with the Auto tranny.
It think your right, by the time you go through all the trouble, you can put the TrueTrac in. I contacted AntiVenom since they are somewhat local and they say they don't sell the kit any more. For this to be worth while, you would have to be able to get that Ford Center spring and the additional clutches cheap.

Quick Reply: Carrier Rebuild