Gen 5 Camaro Drivetrain Tech Clutch, torque converter, rear end, axles

2010 Camaro SS straight axle conversion

Old 07-07-2018, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Camaro SS straight axle conversion

New to the forum hope I can get some info. Converted a 2010 Camaro SS rear end to a 9" Ford and have successfully made brackets to retain stock calipers, rotors and emergency brakes. Wondering if anyone had any ideas on retaining ABS and Traction Control. With the ABS tone ring pressed in the hub bearing, anyone have any ideas how to make this swap keep the ABS?

Thanks in advance for the help

Bill
Old 07-17-2018, 06:53 PM
Teching In

I use to make a conversion fro the Mazda FD RX7. This is a picture of the first one. The one in the picture shows the mazda ring installed with a custom adapter that we machined. After doing a couple this way relized this wasnt the way to do it. I started cutting the entire tone ring on a water jet machine. I didnt even have to machine the bore after. I just slipped it on and used little loctite to keep it from moving.

Old 07-17-2018, 07:57 PM

Thanks for the info. The Camaro uses a magnetic ring and I was able to machine down the hub to get the ring off since i couldn't find anybody that sells the ring separately. It's going to take alot of engineering to get the emergency brake and backing plate which I have done now, and the magnetic ring to fit the axle with correct spacing. It's definitely doable but just going to take time. Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro SS straight axle conversion