4L65e tranny oil pan, want one with a drain plug - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Gen 5 Camaro Drivetrain Tech Clutch, torque converter, rear end, axles

4L65e tranny oil pan, want one with a drain plug

Old 12-30-2018, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Default 4L65e tranny oil pan, want one with a drain plug

This is my first build using an auto tranny, 4L65e. Bought an LS3 with tranny from GM Cruise and Connect.
The tranny pan doesn't have a drain plug. I've looked at them on Summit and Jegs. Lots of choices and prices from $40-$300.
You guys have any helpful info?
https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...rsistYmm=false

Old 12-31-2018, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
This is my first build using an auto tranny, 4L65e. Bought an LS3 with tranny from GM Cruise and Connect.
The tranny pan doesn't have a drain plug. I've looked at them on Summit and Jegs. Lots of choices and prices from $40-$300.
You guys have any helpful info?
https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...rsistYmm=false

if worse come to worse, you can install your own drain plug. I've done it numerous times. Pick up a low profile, compact drain plug from the parts store. Help section or dorman section. Find a nut to fit. a castle nut would work best. find a spot inside the pan that will accommodate the nut. drill hole. if you dont have a castle nut, grind a couple slots in one side of the nut. tack weld the slotted side into the pan. the slots allow all the fluid to drain. a drain plug with a rubber oring or washer made on it works best. You're welcome.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Thanks, good idea about the slots to get more fluid to drain out.
I've got a few O2 bungs I could use.

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: