Gen 5 Camaro Drivetrain Tech Clutch, torque converter, rear end, axles

4th Gen LT4 Swap Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 03:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th Gen LT4 Swap Help

Hello everybody.
i have a 98 camaro Z/28 that is set up for drag racing 9" cage th-400 etc.
long story short it had a 408 nitrous engine builder did not measure correctly piston was hitting head motor came out was about to rebuild when i came across a great deal on a stock
2019 LT4 with 8L90 end up buying it. this is going to be a max effort LT4 im not sure of the blower limit or fuel limit im debating about a bigger blower before the swap. i will not be using 8L90 using th400 due to dedicated race car. i will be using a Holley System instead of stock harness

we are about to start the swap here in a few weeks and im trying to put together a list of what i need so i can start buying parts now.
i was hoping to get some help or tips from someone who knows or if there is any problems im going to run into.

ive just started doing research these last few days and have not found much about this swap.

also as far as mod list thinking
Cam kit meth tb headers converter arp bolts i was told air to water system would be big gains.

i would like to hear the guys with LT experience with mod list as im coming from ls VERY new to lt world goal is high 8s low 9s
Thanks for reading and your help.
Old 01-12-2022, 07:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts

Your injectors will not be big enough to run 8's. FIC has 30 over LT4 injectors that are expensive, but work well. If your car is light enough and you can get enough boost, it might get you into the 8's. You will need a return fuel system regulated at 72psi. Too High PSI has a port injection system that adds on top of the DI with it's own controller. You will need 2 fuel pumps, one for the DI regulated at 72psi and one for the port injectors regulated at 58psi. I think Katech or somebody uses another belt driven high pressure pump to supply bigger Bosch injection system. Scoggin Dickie built a L8T/GenV truck motor with Port injection only, twin turbo that dynoed 2000 hp. That was with 210# injectors---easy to do with the Holley. Motion Racecraft makes injector plugs, ICT billet makes the plates to secure the plugs, and several other LT parts. I am swapping a L83/5.3 into a 2000SS and will be using port injection only using a E38 computer---I won't be running 8's, maybe 9's. Just getting started on the swap. L83 is coming apart for forged pieces and Turbo. You will need an 8 bolt flexplate.

Last edited by dw456post; 01-12-2022 at 08:29 AM.

Quick Reply: 4th Gen LT4 Swap Help