Sponsored by:

SEMA Show Preview

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEMA Show Preview

Good afternoon,
My name is Patrick Rall, and I am a writer for the Detroit Examiner (click here to view my column). I also do some work for the parent company of LS1Tech, and this year I will once again be covering the SEMA Show in Vegas.

The 5th Camaro is looking like its going to steal the show this year, as several big name companies have announced that their show car will be a Camaro. There are also a handful of Camaros that have been modified for charity auctions.
-----------------------------------------------------

The SEMA Show in Las Vegas is all about the automotive industry showing off its most exciting new products, but this year we are seeing more and more ‘cars for a cause’. I’ve been providing continuing coverage of the Hurst Camaro eBay auction (click here for more information about the Hurst Camaro), and now there is another Camaro that will be auctioned off for charity.

This car is set to debut at the 2009 SEMA Show as the centerpiece of the Grand Lobby, with the bright blue and yellow Camaro welcoming visitors to the show. In January 2010, the WD-40/SEMA Cares Camaro will be whisked away to the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction in Scottsdale Arizona with the proceeds of this one of a kind Camaro benefiting two children’s charities. Those two charities are Childhelp - an organization that provides special services to abused and neglected children, and the Victory Junction Gang Camp – a camp designed to give special needs and chronically ill children a chance to experience incredible camping experiences.

Read more about the 2010 WD-40/SEMA Care Camaro...

------------------------------------------------------

Also, the Hotchkis display will be featuring the new Lingenfelter Camaro, and Ill have something about that soon.

Click here for complete SEMA 2009 Coverage.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice !!!
Old 10-22-2009, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Wish I could be there
Old 10-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

its a pretty interesting show. i dont think that there have been as many "teasers" this year as last year, but what I have gotten PRs of, many of them are Camaros or the Hyundai Genesis Coupe...im not so interested in the genesis.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SEMA2009
its a pretty interesting show. i dont think that there have been as many "teasers" this year as last year, but what I have gotten PRs of, many of them are Camaros or the Hyundai Genesis Coupe...im not so interested in the genesis.
i saw that WD-40 car over at Hedman getting the prototype headers put on! It will be a sick car.

and if you wander over to hotchkis, talk to cory bedortha, the cheif mechanic. He drives a 2000 SS and knows A LOT about tuning the suspension on our cars.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

That is going to be dope, reminds me of this car.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Staging Lane

did GM produce any of those camaro "race cars"? i also thought that was one of the cooler camaros at the show last year, with the exception of the ls7 camaro...
Old 10-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Teching In

looks to be great. HURST is also unveiling their production car at the show on Tuesday afternoon as well. Lots of cool things to see in sure this year!
Old 10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

I agree...Im interested to see a few small details on the production hurst camaros...like whether they use the red badging from the charity car or not...

hurst is also bringing out the super comp plus camaro and a mustang...
Old 10-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Default Another Hurst Camaro...

Hurst hasnt issued any pictures yet, but this is a higher performance camaro trim package from hurst..
------------------------------------------------

Yesterday morning, I received a press release from Hurst Performance Vehcle's public relations team, and we all know what a press release this time of year means...Hurst has announced another model based on the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro – the Hurst Super Comp/Plus Camaro, along with a new Hurst modified Mustang (click here for more information about the Mustang).

The folks at Hurst are not releasing any images of this new Hurst Camaro package, but the press release gave a few pointers on the Super Comp/Plus Camaro. The limited edition package is painted bright red with gloss black graphics and gold striping, reflecting the Hurst company colors. The exterior of the Camaro is modified with a Hurst Air-Speed spoiler and Hurst multi-spoke wheels wrapped in BFG KDW high performance tires.

For more about the Hurst Super Comp/Plus Camaro click here...

Quick Reply: SEMA Show Preview