Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Cover Design SUX (Fisher Price)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Engine Cover Design SUX (Fisher Price)

GM. That design was a bad idea. An engine cover period was a bad idea. Please get rid of it for 2011.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

stock they look terrible. id have it painted to match the car. looks much better.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people like to see a piece of plastic, I guess it looks so clean and simple to them. Just take it off, and it looks basically like an LS1, which I always liked the look of with the contoured intake and separate coils. To me (the LS1) looks very business like. Some people don't want to see all that though.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:33 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

LS engines are pretty fugly in stock form. They almost need some sort of cover to make them look better. Also, that cover is a noise suppressor too, not just cosmetics. It keeps valvetrain noises down in the cabin.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
LS engines are pretty fugly in stock form. They almost need some sort of cover to make them look better. Also, that cover is a noise suppressor too, not just cosmetics. It keeps valvetrain noises down in the cabin.
X2, I had my intake ported. When I put it back on I left off the intake cover that sits in top of the intake and the engine cover. When I started it I thought there was a problem it was so loud. Put the engine cover back on and it sounds normal. I'm working on a set of modded GTO frc's right now.
I had my stock cover painted and added an "LS3" badge where the "V8" used to be and it looks pretty good.

Quick Reply: Engine Cover Design SUX (Fisher Price)