Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 camaro exhaust options???

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jamnut
It's pretty much a proven fact that Shorties on LSx motors only give negligible power gains if any over stock manifolds.
Good thing we sell long tubes...which are what were on this car! Not everyone can go long tubes, and short tubes are a step above manifolds any day of the week. Twice on race night.

-Ivan

Last edited by Bad Karma; 05-12-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TransFan
I'm pretty positive a cut out would void your warranty. Just my 2 cents. I'm sure others will chime in on that.
He stated he doesn't want to void his warranty. Deleting mufflers won't help with that.
I wasn't referring to a bolt on axle-back. I was referring to the cut out and muffler delete.
I know that you can bolt your stock exhaust right back on. Using a GM exhaust wouldn't matter as well and it would be warranted.
Lots of misinformation here.

You would be wrong. Neither the muffler delete or cutout will void the factory warranty.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bad Karma
Good thing we sell long tubes...which are what were on this car! Not everyone can go long tubes, and short tubes are a step above manifolds any day of the week. Twice on race night.

PM me for unbeatable prices shipped the next business day!
-Ivan
2 different people in this thread have advocated the use of shorties. Well over 10 years ago the shorty vs stock manifold debate was fought. The only thing to show a difference was mac mids, shorties showed little to no improvement. At around the same time the K&N vs paper filter battle was played out too & same result K&N was no better than paper.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Morpheus
Lots of misinformation here.

You would be wrong. Neither the muffler delete or cutout will void the factory warranty.
Well I don't know about your Chevy dealer, but you just see to how quick they will fix something on your car. Around here they will go out of their way not to fix something and find a way to make you pay for it.

I had a check engine light come on and they were going to charge me 80 dollars to check it. Keep in mind that at the time my truck was under warranty. I imagine if I came in with straight pipes and had engine trouble they would have used that as an excuse as well. Glad your dealer's are so gracious and kind. I leave my vehicles stock til their out of warranty just to avoid the headache.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bad Karma

PM me for unbeatable prices shipped the next business day!
-Ivan
Trolling douche. Gotta be a sponsor to sell on here, buddy.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ynkssws6
Trolling douche. Gotta be a sponsor to sell on here, buddy.
Not trying to be a "douch" "buddy"....I'm still awaiting word from the Moderator I emailed and I haven't sold a thing nor advertised anything.

Just given some experience advice based on what I've done man.

I just don't spend much time here since registering based on the fact that there isn't a huge C5 market here yet...

Not cool to react so juvenile. Not everyone is here to make money dude.

I have a 55 hour a week job and this stuff is a hobby.

Kinda sorry that I offerred an opinion to the OP now. I guess this is how people should expect to be treated here??

Best of luck OP..
-Ivan

Quick Reply: 2010 camaro exhaust options???