Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytime Running Lamps

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Default Daytime Running Lamps

I work at a dealership here in Oklahoma City, OK and were trying to figure out an issue on a couple of cars and while were digging I thouoght maybe someone on here might have already dealt with it. On a 2010 Camaro with the Halo headlights which make the DRL'sbecome the fog lights instead of the low beam on the headlights. When are the DRL's supposed to come on? We cannot get the fog lights to come on, period.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Foglights (read daytime running lights) should be on when the ignition is turned on and it is not dark. When the sensor senses low light conditions it automatically turns on both the headlights and halo's, at which time the foglights turn off.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way to get the DRL's (foglights) on with the halo's or headlights is to buy an aftermarket wiring harness. It installs into the wiring going to the front bumper. GM doesn't now allow the DRL's on as the same time as the halo's or headlights because they don't match. The DRL is a warm white halogen and the HID's and LED's for the halo's give off a cool white (blueish) glow.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Launching!

^^^^^^^^^^^^EXACTLY
i was pissed too when i found on my DTRL were just for daytime only theres not a fog light switch in the car!!
you work at a dealership READ THE MANUAL ITS IN THERE
cars with halo lights do not have a fog light function you need to run a switch to turn them on manually, which in myopinion wont look right at night cuz they r yellow ,
the best choice is to buy an aftermarket light and install it there or harness

check out oracle lighting they have plenty of camaro options

PRICES ARE LOW ON AMAZON>COM i bought alotta lighting from the web for mine
Old 05-28-2010, 07:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No you guys are misunderstanding me. They NEVER come on. At all. The car was in gear moving about 20mph towards us in bright daylight and no lights were on. I know they wont come on with the halos or headlights on, i understand that much. Id appreciate it if you wouldnt imply that im a dumbass and unable to read the manual. This is a malfunction we are having trouble diagnosing.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you start the car in day light they should be on. The only way to shut them off is to click the headlight switch to the left once, the switch is spring loaded in that direction so it will return to center. If they are off try clicking it left and see if they turn on.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dark SS
When you start the car in day light they should be on. The only way to shut them off is to click the headlight switch to the left once, the switch is spring loaded in that direction so it will return to center. If they are off try clicking it left and see if they turn on.
Yup, if you have the lights in the auto settings it should automatically run the dtrl and the hids/headlights when its dark/daytime...
Old 05-28-2010, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

if u work at a dealer, y r u not calling technical assistance??
Old 05-28-2010, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Because Im not a technician, Im an advisor and our tech hasnt had a chance to get the car in an diagnose it. In the meantime we were curious if anyone else had run into this. Didnt know I was painting a target on my head for criticism.

Quick Reply: Daytime Running Lamps