Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody running the JBA shorty headers and/or mid pipes? What hp gain did u see?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default anybody running the JBA shorty headers and/or mid pipes? What hp gain did u see?

Per title, wondering what you actually saw. JBA claims 20hp for just the mid pipes and another 18.5 for the shorty headers. If actually true I think I'm interested (especially if the gain were the total of 38.5). Appreciate any experience.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as JBA, there was a tread on Camaro5 a little while back where they actually lost power. I would suggest the Doug Thorley Shorties. I think the gain is between 5-10. You will not see the inflated gains they claim though. I personally have the DT's on mine. Did the install just before I put her in winter storage, and haven't driven the car in a while (November I think). I will be taking it back to my dyno guy as soon as Spring hits. Before the shorties. I made 383 at the wheels with the LMR intake and Corsa Exhaust (5th gen exhaust changes typically yield little gains compared to other Gens of Camaros). I have changed over to the Halltech intake tho (Noticed a difference with just that). Don't wanna take away from LS1 Tech, but there is a VERY large and strong data base on C5 where all these issues have been addressed.

Originally Posted by Goldhawg
Per title, wondering what you actually saw. JBA claims 20hp for just the mid pipes and another 18.5 for the shorty headers. If actually true I think I'm interested (especially if the gain were the total of 38.5). Appreciate any experience.

Quick Reply: anybody running the JBA shorty headers and/or mid pipes? What hp gain did u see?