Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap exhaust mods ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 01:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap exhaust mods ?

Not really looking to spend 1k plus on exhaust or headers but does anyone know of an x pipe or cheap sections to replace? Trying to free up some hp
Old 05-09-2011, 07:45 AM
TECH Regular

The stock catback flows really well, for a stock motor there is NO power to be made replacing any of it! The power is in replacing the cats or installing headers. If you want to go cheap you can install offroad pipes in place of the cats, that will pick up a good 20rwhp, and much better sound. There are Long tubes for this car you can pick up for 300-400$ also.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:11 AM
FormerVendor

If your looking for horsepower go with some headers. If you want to add some sound you can always chop your mufflers out or add some flowmasters. SLP Loudmouth is pretty cheap to, we carry that and a few other good priced exhaust systems. They aren't going to blow you away with horsepower gains though.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Teching In

I have a 2011 Camaro SS/RS Vert.Auto. At the dealer I had asked about headers, catback and a CAI and they told me it would definately void the warranty on the car. I know chevy now is offering some type of headers. Anybody know if what there saying is true or are they stringing me along to buy theres, and is what there offering any good

Last edited by leckybob; 05-09-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:48 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by leckybob
I have a 2011 Camaro SS/RS Vert.Auto. At the dealer I had asked about headers, catback and a CAI and they told me it would definately void the warranty on the car. I know chevy now is offering some type of headers. Anybody know if what there saying is true or are they stringing me along to buy theres, and is what there offering any good
I wouldnt' worry about the catback and CAI voiding your warranty. It's just the headers they worry about. I haven't heard of GM selling headers before but if they did I would assume two thing. 1. They would be getting a quality product. 2. They would be way over priced. I'd wait out the warranty and add headers. Or bit the bullet and void the warranty. Stuff doesn't break till its up anyway.

Quick Reply: Cheap exhaust mods ?