Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks Headers Unboxed- With and Without Coating and mid pipes!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kooks Headers Unboxed- With and Without Coating and mid pipes!

Two of the most common questions we hear are "Why should I buy a premium header", and "What does coated headers look like". With these pictures, we hope to answer both questions!

In this photoset, we have Kooks PT# 6511, which is a 1 7/8" header. The first header is coated Airborn 1700 Silver Jet Coating. The other is not coated at all. We also include pictures of the mid pipes, and high flow cats.

Unboxing...lots of packing material-

Finally some headers....

These headers are coated by Airborn Coatings in their 1700 Degree Silver Jet Coat coating. This coating is done inside and out with the outside polished to a high finish. The coating comes with a 3 year warranty. After 3 years, they recoat them for half price.

They coat all the way inside. Note the (Kooks patented) merge spike and ball and socket collector!

General picture-

These are likely the smoothest exhaust ports in the industry! Many manufacturers do not grind their ports to this level, or use oversize ports to get around doing it.

More pictures of the merge collector and ball and socket connection. Apart from the OEM catback connection, Kooks is a clampless system!-

Some more general pictures. Note each primary is one peice of tube. Kooks uses advanced CNC benders to avoid having to weld primaries togethor out of multiple pipes.

Now here is the plain stainless, uncoated version of these headers. Uncoated Stainless will not rust, but it will turn bronze. All Kooks stainless products come "mill finish"-

Side by Side pics with catted and off road connection pipes-

Kooks High flow Catted mid pipes. They are VERY high flow...enough so you can see light through them!

Catted and Off Road Mid Pipes Side by side. Unlike some brands, Kooks mid pipes do have rear O2 sensor bungs so you can retain ALL of your factory O2 sensors. They are on the off road mid pipes also, the pipe is just turned in a way that hides them.

Lastly, the hardware kit with bolts, gaskets, and O2 extensions. Everything needed to complete the install!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

will they fit a 2012 SS LS3?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Teching In

I thnk yes or they wouldnt be posting here
Old 07-13-2012, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS
I thnk yes or they wouldnt be posting here
wasnt sure cause it didnt specify above
Old 07-18-2012, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

how much??
Old 09-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Teching In

So with the cats on this system, I won't have a ses light? I'm wanting a full exhaust, headers to tips, without having to delete the back o2 sensors.. If so, how much for the package?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:35 AM
Teching In

Looks nice

Quick Reply: Kooks Headers Unboxed- With and Without Coating and mid pipes!