Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOVE my new Borla 3" exhaust ... the note I have always wanted.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOVE my new Borla 3" exhaust ... the note I have always wanted.

Hey all,

So as you can see from my signature, I have a whipplecharged 2011 2SS with a PFAFF Racing Engine.

I had been running a "cheap and cheerful" 3" exhaust that was poorly made, way too loud. and always slipped and needed readjusting. In fact I added some 12" resonators in desperation to try and quieten it down. Helped a bit ... but still droned like a pig.

I have never liked overly loud exhausts ... I prefer a refined sound ... my perfect example is a Maserati ... sedate on idle, with a raw aggressive sweet V8 growl on acceleration. I learned that this is not easy to do on 732rwhp.

So after procrastinating and listening to all the different sounds on youtube (none of which really do them justice) ... I went for a Borla 3".

WOW! It is absolutely perfect - exactly the sound I have wanted from my last four V8s ... and never achieved because I was a tight *** and never wanted to part with the cash when I could get something that kind of did the same thing for cheaper.

Lesson learned!

Here's the youtube video of idle and kind of sedate drive off ... trying to avoid wheel spin, but not having that much luck.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just wetted my shorts! Sounds sexy
Old 03-13-2015, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That sounds excellent!
Old 03-13-2015, 03:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

American muscle right there!
Old 03-16-2015, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Cam sounded great.

I'm using Borla ATAK cat back on a bone stock Camaro & I love the sound... Nice to know how much better it'll sound once I start adding power mods.

Sent from my iPh5S using IB AutoGroup
Old 03-16-2015, 06:06 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

That is an excellent sounding exhaust. Which Borla mufflers?
Old 04-16-2015, 05:22 AM
Staging Lane

Very nice and sounds great. I have a preference to the Borla exhaust with the quality they put into them and the overall sound quality, they are well worth the money no doubt about it.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by speedtigger
That is an excellent sounding exhaust. Which Borla mufflers?
Not sure exactly ... straight through 3" ... whatever is included in their 3" system. Amazing the dB that it knocks out ... really great.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BluePhoenixLSX
Very nice and sounds great. I have a preference to the Borla exhaust with the quality they put into them and the overall sound quality, they are well worth the money no doubt about it.

Yeah I gotta agree. I heard a lot of different systems that were all either too loud, too raspy, or droned.

I spent some time talking with David Borla at SEMA (they used my car on their "SEMA Ignited" booth ... they spend a long time measuring the harmonics of the car body and the frequencies of the engine. That way they can emphasize the the frequencies that sound good ... and knock out the ones that are obnoxious and annoying.

When they first asked me what factory exhaust note I liked ... I told them a Maserati. Sweet, refined note that is angry when you get on it. That is EXACTLY what I've ended up with. It is perfect!
Old 04-23-2015, 11:03 AM
Teching In

BTW ... here's a dyno run from the front and back ... the car took out second place in the HP comp at the Street Machine and Muscle Car Nationals a few weeks back with 782.5rwhp & 680.77rwtq.

Notice the extra weight in the trunk in this one to stop it slipping on the rollers ...

Quick Reply: LOVE my new Borla 3" exhaust ... the note I have always wanted.