Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[VR] Camaro SS LS3 - ARH, Cold Air Inductions - 422whp / 424wtq - Pics and Results!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 03:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default [VR] Camaro SS LS3 - ARH, Cold Air Inductions - 422whp / 424wtq - Pics and Results!

Every car is special to their owner when they come drop it off at our shop for modifications. If they didn't love the car, they wouldn't be putting more money into it to make it faster! We take that responsibility with our customers seriously but every now and then a car comes in that has a story behind it. This client of ours picked up this 2010 SS Camaro because of a unique situation. His coworker lost a 3 year battle with cancer so he bought the car while his other friend/coworker bought the matching blue 2010 Corvette that he also owned from his daughter. Now, both of these friends are modding the cars together and parking them at car shows like they used to sit in their friend/coworker's garage that had passed in his memory. For a car guy, what more could you hope for.

We talked to him about his goals for the car and the decision was made to do some simple beginning bolt-ons that would add more power and make this SS sound like it should. With a cold air intake from Cold Air Inductions and some longtube headers from ARH, there was going to be a nice gain while also opening up the stock sounding exhaust note.

Modifications Installed:

ARH 1 ⅞” long longtube header system w/ catted x-pipe
Cold Air Inductions, INC cold air intake system w/ windowed box
NGK spark plugs
Red powdercoated calipers

The result? Final numbers were 422.03whp / 424.07wtq for a gain of 51.5whp and 52.56wtq!

Now this 2010 SS is ready to hit the streets and shows with some more power and continue keeping the memories alive.

For more information on 5th Gen Camaro mods or any other late model LS performance modifications, give us a call at the shop.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Nice car and great gains !
Old 06-28-2015, 05:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thumbs up

great story! how much does that CAI add by itself without a tune? and is it still running a stock CB?

lets hear it! im a big supporter of 5th gens!
Old 06-29-2015, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hoping my 5th gen does similar numbers once I get started modding it.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
great story! how much does that CAI add by itself without a tune? and is it still running a stock CB?

lets hear it! im a big supporter of 5th gens!
Thank you! The CAI alone will gain roughly 15rwhp or so. This car does have the stock axle-back as it came with the optional NPP exhaust.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:55 AM
TECH Addict

So, this was with a tune as well I assume?
Old 09-05-2015, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Redlinez
So, this was with a tune as well I assume?
a good one for sure
Old 09-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by David@Vengeance
Thank you! The CAI alone will gain roughly 15rwhp or so. This car does have the stock axle-back as it came with the optional NPP exhaust.
How much of a difference would Kook's 1 7/8" with cats be than the ARH? I'm thinking about adding LT instead of my shorty headers and want to get the most HP as possible. I saw on the C7 thread you guys did that the ARH made the most HP in testing between PFadt and Kook's.

Quick Reply: [VR] Camaro SS LS3 - ARH, Cold Air Inductions - 422whp / 424wtq - Pics and Results!