Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 5.7L question

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 06:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 5.7L question

I'm new to building Chevrolets being that I've been an old Mopar guy for years but I started building a 96' Camaro and this may sound like a dumb question to some but here it goes. Did the 5.7L LS1 blocks come from the factory as 4-bolt main motors or did they all come with 6-bolt mains with the two cross bolts coming in from the side of the block? I see that Summit Racing has 6-bolt blocks and wondered if that was an aftermarket thing or if the blocks were 6-bolt main from the factory? Thx.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakers
I'm new to building Chevrolets being that I've been an old Mopar guy for years but I started building a 96' Camaro and this may sound like a dumb question to some but here it goes. Did the 5.7L LS1 blocks come from the factory as 4-bolt main motors or did they all come with 6-bolt mains with the two cross bolts coming in from the side of the block? I see that Summit Racing has 6-bolt blocks and wondered if that was an aftermarket thing or if the blocks were 6-bolt main from the factory? Thx.
you going to reply to my emails and send me the money back that I sent you for that flywheel you won’t reply to me about!!!!!

Quick Reply: LS1 5.7L question