Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RomulusSmallBlock
just because the LS4 is for FWD apps. only doesn't mean that it will be remodified for RWD or have an all aluminum 5.3L and be called the LS4 type B.

although i would agree that only having two engine options (a V6 and a V8...LS3) would be cheaper to do and therefore very logical, but at that same token having a V6, a 5.3L for the base V8, and the LS3 for the SS is very doable as well.

me personally i for some reason like the LS2 a lot more than i do the LS3. i feel that they are killing it off the LS2 and LS7 too soon. they still have potinial and room for modification. they can do what they did to the LS1 when they made the LS6 to the LS2. honestly 425 hp out of the LS2 isn't asking for much. the LS7 in their own words is "detuned". so why the short life span. basically both engines aren't maxxed out by any means.

in some ways i feel the LS3 is a comp out...the easy way out for making more hp. if they can make 405 out of 5.7L why kill the LS2? to me it just doesn't make sense. it has the last gen 4 structure to it. the only thing that i can think of is that they are trying to stream line their engines and we might see the LS3 in more than just the vette and camaro like in suvs and trucks.
power is not the only thing that they have to look at when deciding the engine. sure they might be able to get more out of those engines, but is it cost effective. and what well be the effect to fuel economy.

besides, if the factory maxes it out, that doesn't give us much room to grow once we get it home.

Jake
Old 05-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

you know as well as i do that raising the hp of either of the two engines while still being economical is very doable. i bet its more like displacement one upmenship namely between dodge and GM. GM has a 5.7 LS1 soon after Dodge has a 5.7 hemi. GM has a 6.0 LS2 soon after dodge has a 6.1 hemi. what i am waiting for is a 7.0 l hemi.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Addict

I'm betting on the LS3 being available.

I personally would like to see a 5.3 available. Maybe offered in stripper trim at low weight and low cost.

I'm hoping GM stops making you buy all kinds of **** in their option packages just to get ONE thing that you want.

Cloth,Non-power,Auto or Manual,Small V-8@ <25,000 would be a good idea.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

430hp LS3, 6L80E, 3.15-3.23 gearing and a custom 2800-3000 stall from Precision please

I'll take mine in silver with ebony leather interior
Old 06-14-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by OctaneZ28
Old 02-10-2010, 12:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

dude this thread is around 3 years old LOL
Old 02-10-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's and update on the next Gen Camaro...haha

Report: Next-gen Chevrolet Camaro to ride on Alpha platform, shrink in size
02/05/2010, 11:44 AMBy Drew Johnson

We’ve already reported that the next-generation Ford Mustang will be moving down size, and a new report suggests the next Chevrolet Camaro will be making a similar move. The next-generation Camaro is expected to bow in 2014 as a 2015 model.

According to Motor Trend, General Motors has given the green light to a plan to build the next-generation Camaro on a version of the company’s upcoming Alpha platform. The rear-wheel drive Alpha platform will also underpin Cadillac’s future ATS model and is even tipped to be the foundation for the next CTS.

As the Alpha platform will underpin three separate GM models, at least two different wheelbases are expected – a shorter version for the Camaro and ATS and a longer version for the next CTS. The next Camaro’s wheelbase should stay similar to today’s car, but look for its overall length to shrink by as much as a foot. This formula should allow GM to take advantage of the CAFE “footprint” calculation for required fuel economy.

Unfortunately for V8 lovers, the Camaro’s engine bay will also be downsizing. The next-generation Camaro SS will likely ditch its V8 powerplant in favor of a turbocharged or supercharged version of GM’s 3.6L direct-injection V6. Although total horsepower will likely slide from the current SS, the next Camaro will be lighter than the current car, allowing for equal – if not better – performance.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Spam anyone?
Old 02-11-2010, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the new Camaro will have an LS2, the concept did.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dark SS
I think the new Camaro will have an LS2, the concept did.
i like the fact that we got the ls3 but even if it would've got it the ls2 would have been fine too.

Quick Reply: LS3 camaro?