Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

is the v6 camaro getting modded less than mustang

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 12:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is the v6 camaro getting modded less than mustang

I have recently seen a video of a 2011 v6 mustang that is modded to make 544hp. Has the v6 camaro been modded that far yet.http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...595#post536595...
Old 01-11-2012, 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

This is pretty much a reflection of what we see and have dealth with in the 4th gen F-body market. The LSx platform is just much more viable for companies to MAKE MONEY off of instead of try to do R&D on a new lower power engine and find what works best.

The most I've seen so far is in the mid 400whp range, not really all that amazing considering the potential of the engine itself. From what I understand one of the biggest limitations is the high pressure fuel system to run that direct injection engine doesn't really have much more room to grow.

The Mustang V6 crowd has always had a larger aftermarket than the F-body (and now 5th gen) V6 crowd. There are shops that consistently show up with good power and great 1/4 times.

My longtubes were custom made, V6 Mustang guys? They can order them straight from a manufacturer.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a decent amount of manufactured products for the V6, but not a ton, intakes, exhausts, headers, throttle bodies, etc. There are a couple turbo kits, and a couple supercharger kits in production, but to reach that level, there isn't much.
544hp to the wheels seems pretty high...

- Jeremy
Old 01-11-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

^Yep and sadly there have been so many companies that have come forth with plans to build a great turbo kit, etc etc that never ever delivered that many people in the community are now just so jaded that they would rather a company do the work and then show the results instead of empty promises.

Quick Reply: is the v6 camaro getting modded less than mustang