Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

Beware Jannetty Racing Ent in CT

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014 | 02:33 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 62nalide
Oh and one more thing I wanna add to this......Screw Lethal Racing... bunch of softies lol guess they didn't like there "Night Fury" cammed cars running what some bolt-on cars run. They reported me and got Banned.
Ive had my comments deleted in certain LR threads trying to steer people away from the NF. I figured as a NF user that doesnt like the cam, I would be of help to others...but I guess not.
Old 03-21-2014 | 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CamanLS1
Ive had my comments deleted in certain LR threads trying to steer people away from the NF. I figured as a NF user that doesnt like the cam, I would be of help to others...but I guess not.

That really sucks about your problem with the cam, their has been a few out there that didn't make anything near they were told but also know they have 5 types out there. Not everyone will sound or make the same amount of power advertised. I do find it funny they are the ONLY ones that will net the most gains on paper.
Old 03-21-2014 | 10:33 AM
Teching In

Such a good read so far, and im only on page 11
Old 03-21-2014 | 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

Your halfway there.
Old 03-21-2014 | 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Good thing im reading this thread i was leaning on going with lethal racing for a cam on my build......looks like it will be Futral FTW. Camaro5 is going downhill in my book only thing i login in is for the parts section nowadays.
Old 03-21-2014 | 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by strkedltweezy
Good thing im reading this thread i was leaning on going with lethal racing for a cam on my build......looks like it will be Futral FTW. Camaro5 is going downhill in my book only thing i login in is for the parts section nowadays.
Yeah buddy! Futral is awesome!
Old 03-21-2014 | 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Also Brian Tooley Racing has a few nice cams available and he's pretty picky on the valve spring pressure aswell.
Heard good things about Futral also.
Old 03-21-2014 | 05:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by motion427
Also Brian Tooley Racing has a few nice cams available and he's pretty picky on the valve spring pressure aswell.
Heard good things about Futral also.
The spintron is your friend, very few take advantage of it...

There's a fine line between too little spring pressure and too much.

Too little spring pressure yields loss of control and damaged parts. Too much spring pressure yields damaged valve tips and other parts.
Old 03-21-2014 | 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
The spintron is your friend, very few take advantage of it...

There's a fine line between too little spring pressure and too much.

Too little spring pressure yields loss of control and damaged parts. Too much spring pressure yields damaged valve tips and other parts.
I hear many good things about you. I look forward to more of your posts.
Old 03-22-2014 | 08:55 AM
Teching In

I live only an hour from jannetty...I emailed ted about getting a tune done,I have an ss with CAI long tubes ptb and catback he said he 'didn't want to waste my money on a dyno tune by him' so he told me to get his remote tune....with no knowledge I agreed the SCT with the tune ended up being500.I'm now kicking myself because I could of went to slowhawk and hopped on the dyno for the same price....
Old 03-22-2014 | 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stt816
I live only an hour from jannetty...I emailed ted about getting a tune done,I have an ss with CAI long tubes ptb and catback he said he 'didn't want to waste my money on a dyno tune by him' so he told me to get his remote tune....with no knowledge I agreed the SCT with the tune ended up being500.I'm now kicking myself because I could of went to slowhawk and hopped on the dyno for the same price....
It's all a marketing ploy. I try to tell people it's not really free. Look at it from his perspective. He can sell you a Sct in which your kind of married to him. You buy parts at msrp from him and get a free tune update. Or buy parts elsewhere and he charges you for tune. Win win for him. He makes a good chunk of change selling at msrp. The money is not in a dyno tune from him. He knows that. He can pump out 10 copy and paste email tunes in the time it takes for 1 dyno tune.

Let me also let it be known he's on his soapbox on the other site saying he's big into logging to nail the tune down. That's complete bs. That's a recent reversal by him because of all the **** stirred up. I sent him log after log with potential problems and he would have me chasing other things. Never the tune. If he even looked at the log
Old 03-22-2014 | 09:37 AM
Teching In

Tempted to take my car back to stock ...sell the SCT and go to Slowhawk for a dyno tune
Old 03-22-2014 | 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

That's basicly what I did. While I was at the dyno we flashed the SCT back to put the stock tune in the car then had a tune done and then sold the SCT.
Old 03-22-2014 | 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Tempted to take my car back to stock ...sell the SCT and go to Slowhawk for a dyno tune
Any plans for future mods?
Old 03-22-2014 | 09:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nyny10-ss
Any plans for future mods?
Suspension wise yes,power no....that's why I was contemplating if it would be worth it to sell the SCT and go dyno with my mods
Old 03-22-2014 | 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Suspension wise yes,power no....that's why I was contemplating if it would be worth it to sell the SCT and go dyno with my mods
Any plans to track it? Reason I ask is if you want every last bit of power and you want to make sure it's safe(Ted likes playing with your knock sensors). Jannetty's trans tune contrary to what he preaches is generic. Axis from C5 said it best. Any tune is going to make the car feel great but it won't be 100%.

It all boils down to how you feel about it. If your going to be constantly 2nd guessing yourself then by all means do it. Your going to take probably about a 200-250 hit. Depending how much you get for the Sct.

Last edited by nyny10-ss; 03-22-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-22-2014 | 10:23 AM
Teching In

I am just an aggressive Street driver... No plans on Tracking it... It would be around 200, I would like to get the most out of my car plus I'm worried about damage being done to my car with his tune on now
Old 03-22-2014 | 10:34 AM
On The Tree

I am just an aggressive Street driver... No plans on Tracking it... It would be around 200, I would like to get the most out of my car plus I'm worried about damage being done to my car with his tune on now
Well, you kind of answered your own question. It's obviously bothering you. If you Sc I'd say 100% get it done.

I will say Slowhawk is the ultimate professional and you would leave with total confidence. Hard to put into words. Ted also claims his tunes were developed on the dyno. Slowhawk streets and dyno tunes the car. This was very important to me as my car is 95% street driven.
Old 03-24-2014 | 07:45 PM
Teching In

I e-mailed him because I saw the benefits of going on the dyno vs remote tune...he offered me a free dyno tune if i go up there...honestly that is great customer service...do you think i should go?

is there any benefit of having the remote so i can bring it back to stock whenever ?
Old 03-24-2014 | 08:07 PM
Banned

I e-mailed him because I saw the benefits of going on the dyno vs remote tune...he offered me a free dyno tune if i go up there...honestly that is great customer service...do you think i should go?

is there any benefit of having the remote so i can bring it back to stock whenever ?
Who said they would give you a free dyno tune?

Quick Reply: Beware Jannetty Racing Ent in CT