Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

can I swap to an 18% lower without changes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can I swap to an 18% lower without changes?

Mods are in Sig, and wondering if I could swap to a 18% lower for track outings without changing injectors or tune (2 extra psi) .As the car sits now when going down the track my iat2 are around 80° on a good cool PA day and 0° knock retard. I really don't want to change injectors and re tune just for a little more boost, so if I can't ill just stick with the 10%. I really wanted to hit tens on just 10 psi and tried many times and hit 11.0's on 3-4 different days. Figure 12psi would get me there
Old 02-15-2014, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cam99
Mods are in Sig, and wondering if I could swap to a 18% lower for track outings without changing injectors or tune (2 extra psi) .As the car sits now when going down the track my iat2 are around 80° on a good cool PA day and 0° knock retard. I really don't want to change injectors and re tune just for a little more boost, so if I can't ill just stick with the 10%. I really wanted to hit tens on just 10 psi and tried many times and hit 11.0's on 3-4 different days. Figure 12psi would get me there
I think you're looking for trouble. While it may work I think it's to close to the edge to consider trying it. If it was me and my car I wouldn't. You know how important the fueling is.

Your mph has an easy 10. I'd start with reviewing that tune. Something is happening. Maybe with the shifting. I went 10.99 at 124.83.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

I agree with Jamie. I think you are about out of fueling already. Time to replace the fuel pump and injectors before you pulley down again. Get someone to log your injector duty cycle and fuel pressure when you romp on it at the top of third and I'll wager you are on the edge already.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 9 Second 2010 Camaro
I think you're looking for trouble. While it may work I think it's to close to the edge to consider trying it. If it was me and my car I wouldn't. You know how important the fueling is.

Your mph has an easy 10. I'd start with reviewing that tune. Something is happening. Maybe with the shifting. I went 10.99 at 124.83.
I kinda figured it would be pushing the envelope on stock injectors. I spent most of last year dropping some weight off the car to try and hit my number with just a few mods, but couldn't get it done. Now my fat *** hasnt gotten any smaller over the winter, so ill have to see where else I can try to get a few more hundredths out of my combo without having to take the next steps mod wise. I wouldn't be opposed to having the tune looked over , however i would probably not do it unless i was getting more stuff done to it.I really have no complaints with where the car is for what's done to it so far, however I'm not a huge generic tune fan, so I would agree there is probably a little more left in it.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:07 PM
TECH Regular

Injectors and pulley down.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 9 Second 2010 Camaro

^This

The real reason why is b/c when you change the amount of air going into the engine, regardless of more or less air, the tune and or injectors need to be corrected accordingly as well as the possible update of fuel pump system.

Quick Reply: can I swap to an 18% lower without changes?