Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

Stroker motor NA build question !

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stroker motor NA build question !

Hello fellow Hotrodders ,

I am currently planning a stroker motor build for my 15 1LE Camaro . I'm thinking RHS 4.165 bore x 4.125 stroke Callies rotating assembly, Wiseco pistons with upgraded wrist pins . Looking for help selecting a ls7 head, I was thinking FRH Brodix BR7 heads ? And running msd intake and a LLSR Cam Motion cam ? This isn't gonna be a daily driver, it's my weekend going out to pick some fights car . I pretty much just roll race and planning to do a few 1/2 mile events and a couple of road courses per year . So I'm looking all out performance . What kind of power and tq #'s are you guys seeing out there on similar builds ? Also planning on throwing in a little sauce, direct port or plate wet setup with Daytona sensors progressive controller . How much N20 have people ran successfully threw similar setups ? Thanks guys !

Last edited by Quake954rr; 05-01-2016 at 03:49 AM.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are probably going to hear this at some point but I'd rethink a lot of this. First, consider going with a sleeved stock block. ERL has some great options and a reputation to back them. Second, too big (especially if you plan to go N2O). You are going to have problems with high cylinder pressures and very little material to seal between those cylinders. Third, consider limiting stroke to 4". You'll slow piston acceleration quite a bit, limit piston rock, and add some rpm potential.

So if it were me, I'd spec a 427 CID built for nitrous from ERL. I'd definitely shop around on heads, cam, and intake. If you are going max effort you want a "system" not just expense. I'd talk with an experienced builder on getting the right combination. I worked with Tony Mamo from Mamo Motorsports with great results. There are others that are also very well respected.

Bottom line, I know this was more about what I wouldn't do but if you've got the coin to build the motor you are speaking about then you can afford to talk to some of the expert builders that frequent these boards. Last piece of advice, post up in the Gen IV internal forum. It will get way more views/responses than here. LS1Tech members aren't as active in this portion of the site. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Stroker motor NA build question !