Gen 5 Camaro Power-Adder Tech Supercharger, Turbo, Nitrous

Turbo cam L99

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo cam L99

2010 camaro ss L99 Auto A6 car

Huron single turbo kit, PTE 7675 cea, Wastegate turbosmart hyper gate 45, zl1 pump 80lb injectors

Car has been running this setup 91 pump gas made like 480/520 ft/lb's on wastegate spring and conservative timing for the better half of 3 years.

Next round of mods i want to get rid of the DOD AFM garbage in the motor and want to make preparations to increase boost.

What are good cam recommendations for this setup? im building a 4l80E on the side so converter stall speeds are not determined yet.

Street car with some track events occasionally, i just take it out for joy rides all the time really. But want to be able to index at the track for fun.

Doesnt seem like many people single turbo the L99 on a small frame turbo these days..whats the magic stick for this setup?
Old 11-04-2019, 04:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 634 Likes on 488 Posts

Why would you take out the a6 and put in a 4l80? They are about the same strength (4l80....6l80) except for the known weak points in both of them that would to be addressed either way. Seems like a step back?
Old 11-04-2019, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kfxguy
Why would you take out the a6 and put in a 4l80? They are about the same strength (4l80....6l80) except for the known weak points in both of them that would to be addressed either way. Seems like a step back?

I do not have faith in the 6L trans for the price it costs to have one made to handle the power. 4l80e is tried and proven way beyond what this aluminum block can hash out. Im more drag racing oriented in my build. It will probably see a drag pack around the streets. But thats another talk for another thread.

I see you are using summits new cam lineup, how do you like it?
Old 11-04-2019, 05:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 634 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by 1boostedss
I do not have faith in the 6L trans for the price it costs to have one made to handle the power. 4l80e is tried and proven way beyond what this aluminum block can hash out. Im more drag racing oriented in my build. It will probably see a drag pack around the streets. But thats another talk for another thread.

I see you are using summits new cam lineup, how do you like it?

I had a btr stage 2 first. My thoughts. The btr has a weaker idle so I had to idle it up more than I liked. Making it louder. If you care about that, I’m just picky. It was down on tq and midrange. The summit ghost cam has a stronger idle, was easier to tune, has better bottom and midrange and drive ability. It also pulls just as high. Over all, because I’m not building a race car, I prefer the summit cam. I like the manners, the price and the power is about the same as the previous cam but I think the car is Probably just as fast with the smaller cam. Not saying the btr Isn’t good, this cam just works better in my (combo) car. You could go a little bigger because you have a 6.2, but if you go with the ghost cam, it would probably barely lope and drive like stock. Hell my car pretty much drives like stock with a 5.7.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1,219 Likes on 660 Posts

We will 2nd the Summit Pro LS "Ghost cam." Another option would be the Summit Pro LS turbo stage 2 cam. Either of these would pair well with Pac 1218 springs. We have them through Trick Flow TFS-16918-16.

You would have AFM and VVT with your L99. With the use of either of these cams, VVT would need to be deleted as well. For an AFM delete, we have the CMB-09-0032 for without PCV or CMB-09-0033 with PCV. The VVT delete kit would be CMB-09-0027.

800-230-3030
www.SummitRacing.com

Quick Reply: Turbo cam L99