Gen 5 Camaro Racing Tech, Results Drag racing, road racing, street racing. Share tech & results!

12.6s Stock!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
so lets say i buy a 2011 stang.

remove the spare and jack. 22psi in the tire. high flow k&n, remove the silencer, get a 150lb buddy who can really race to drive it. and it runs 12.3. you guys gonna congratulate me for a "BONE STOCK 12.3"?

1. break it in.
2. put factory fluids in it.
3. take nothing out.
4. adjust tires.
5. run it.

THAT is bone stock. if a man got 12.61 with such a heavy car good for him. there are drag heros out there who get times nobody else can.

not calling BS.
The guy didn’t remove weight and drove the car himself. If you tire pressure goes low over time is that considered a mod? All the factory fluid is synthetic so how can using a different brand be a mod? If you had conventional oil in your car from the factory and change to conventional pennzoil would you consider that a mod? NO

The only thing that could really be consider a mod what be the filter. Though there has been claims of losses from switching so you dont even know if it helped.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark SS
No, I wouldn't

just kidding...
Old 01-24-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im not jealous of the 2010 at all. bone stock is what it is. otherwise it isnt.

im saying congrats on the great time.

what was the corrected DA time?
Old 01-24-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tire adjustment doesn't count at all in the "is it stock" debate. If the tires are stock, then its stock. Either way, 22psi is gonna create rolling resistance more than anything on a street tire.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

im not jealous of the 2010 at all. bone stock is what it is. otherwise it isnt.

im saying congrats on the great time.

what was the corrected DA time?
says the guy who proudly lists a 96 Mustang GT in his sig

GTFO
Old 01-25-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98LS1Formula

GTFO
GTFO?

i dont think so. im on this site because i was considering buying a GTO or CTS-v. neither one meet my requirements.

the GTO is just plain and uninspiring, and the CTS-v has a failty rear end that has failed for thousands of GM owners. never considered an f-body. too low quality and terrible ride quality. no thanks you can have it.

and yes i am proud of my 2973lb, 500rwhp turbo 4v forged stang. its just too much of a race car now. im sure your proud of your 2010 and 98 thingy.

if your ever in the nashville area pm me. we'll do a u-tube run of your 2010 and my sorry 96 gt.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

GTFO?

i dont think so. im on this site because i was considering buying a GTO or CTS-v. neither one meet my requirements.

the GTO is just plain and uninspiring, and the CTS-v has a failty rear end that has failed for thousands of GM owners. never considered an f-body. too low quality and terrible ride quality. no thanks you can have it.

and yes i am proud of my 2973lb, 500rwhp turbo 4v forged stang. its just too much of a race car now. im sure your proud of your 2010 and 98 thingy.

if your ever in the nashville area pm me. we'll do a u-tube run of your 2010 and my sorry 96 gt.
You pretty much explained why you should GTFO. Just saying.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

+1 your just one of those dudes who isnt respected or welcomed by your own car community so you come over to ours to attept to rile people up

get a life

oh and since your realized the GTO and CTS-v arent up to your obviously high standards you can take your crappy Mustang and GTFO
Old 01-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

never considered an f-body. too low quality and terrible ride quality. no thanks you can have it.
Yeah, I was with you up until this point. Come on man. I will be the first to admit that f-body quality is far from great, but compared to a 1996 GT? You can't be serious. And ride quality? For someone who has turned their car into "too much of a race car" why did you start with a 1970's Fairmont based chassis, talk about a wet noodle. I have to agree, GTFO.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not here to rile up anyone.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nashville area?

You on Tnfbody? I'm in the area and would be cool to meet up sometime, at the track of course.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lemons12
Nashville area?

You on Tnfbody? I'm in the area and would be cool to meet up sometime, at the track of course.

absolutely i race at the hill regularly. my car will be ready by spring. the motor it will have will only have 450-480 rwhp. but hey it should be fun. ill pm you.

-bill
Old 01-26-2010, 01:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

absolutely i race at the hill regularly. my car will be ready by spring. the motor it will have will only have 450-480 rwhp. but hey it should be fun. ill pm you.

-bill
Sounds good man, I don't go to the hill very often (all the guys on tnfbody.com do on the regular).. But I'm sure I could make a trip up there on day to meet a fellow member! Just hit me up man!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:31 AM
Banned

wow that was alot of reading lol. i have a hard time believing its as stock as that guy says. but i hardly consider oil and a filter a mod and lowering tire pressure. i'm also on this site because i like cars, any and all that are fast.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i give fellows out there crap about their choice of brand. and the ones who take it personal i kinda rub wrong.

my woman has had a vette, z28, rs vert and several caddy's. sis is a camaro girl all the way. like the fast cars and respect them all except ricers. i would not have considered buying an LS car if i didnt respect the motor. i stand by the bone stock thing.

look... DA correction matters, or there wouldnt be one. you peeps along the coast just wait for a high pressure day with better than standard conditions and you WILL run killer times. i have plenty of times. just to have the car disappoint on 104 degree BAD condition days where i just cant get the car to perform without adding a lot of boost.

i know saying to a guy, "man that doesnt count" isnt cool exactly. and if i was there when he did it id tell him nice run. a record is a record. but

stock is stock. nothing else is. doesnt mean it wasnt a killer run. DA correction factor matters. if its for the record books. im leaving it alone. cheers.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:51 AM
10 Second Club

It's fukin stock. A filter has never changed my et's or hp on dyno runs. Cai is a mod, filter...no.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

GTFO?

Lmao at e-thuggin. And you basically stated why you shouldn't be here. Ps. A 96 mustang owner telling us about low quality and bland? Ugh look at your car bud.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:17 PM
10 Second Club

I dont think the K&N did anything for the car but they wouldnt put my 12.86 run on the official list because I red lighted and thats what the rules are and thats fine. But if rules are rules then he should not be on the bone stock class. Why make exseptions for one person.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98LS1Formula
What does this have to do with anything?
Because he isn't a GM fanboy? I like GMs and hang here. I don't own one however.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
It shouldnt count as stock.

Just think about it this way.

The year is 2011 and the new 400hp Mustang GT is running some good times. Someone has just ran a 12.5 with their 2011 GT beating out the 2011 camaros best time of 12.6. The car was stock...it had a K&N filter and he also changed his fluids to royal purple.

What do you think the camaro fan base would have to say about this?

It wouldnt stand for even one second.

Cmon now guys. It is a solid impressive run. But regardless of the variables it can not be considered stock.

You guys are retarded...he let air out of his tires so it did not have the recommended amount so it should not be considered 'stock'. What about the tread that has worn off the tires...that makes it less than factory weight so it should not be considered 'stock'.

By your definition it can't be stock unless it has a AC Delco/GM air filter...retarted. Even if he takes the filter out but leaves the intake box and tube it's still stock in my book.

What about the plastic covers on the seats and floor matts...it came with those stock but I'm sure he removed them.

Quick Reply: 12.6s Stock!