Gen 5 Camaro Racing Tech, Results Drag racing, road racing, street racing. Share tech & results!

**new 1/4 mile world record**

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats ........
Old 06-07-2010, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Very nice man!! MODS?
Old 06-08-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by odarabla
Very nice man!! MODS?
Someone posted on another board they had 4 power adders.....F1R, 2 methanol nozzles, and a plate.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang
Someone posted on another board they had 4 power adders.....F1R, 2 methanol nozzles, and a plate.
Meth is a power adder now? And if they had 3 stages of N2O, would it be a triple power adder?
Old 06-08-2010, 04:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang
I don't see how meth can be considered a power adder.

Robin

Dammit tree'd by Mike.....
Old 06-08-2010, 04:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Meth is a power adder now? And if they had 3 stages of N2O, would it be a triple power adder?
Or how about twin turbos?

Robin
Old 06-08-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robin L
I don't see how meth can be considered a power adder.

Robin

Dammit tree'd by Mike.....
Easy, it's on the car to make more power. Why woud it be on the car if it didn't help it make more power?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:30 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right, but its not considered a "power adder". You wouldnt run meth alone on an NA engine with substantial gains and say you had a 402ci LS2 N/A with Meth would you?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by OrangeChevyII
Easy, it's on the car to make more power. Why woud it be on the car if it didn't help it make more power?
Hahahaha, dude you KNOW better than that. It's a fuel, and it ups the octane rating and helps cool the intake charge temps.

Lets not get into ricer speak and call it a power adder.

So adding 100 octane to my supercharged car along with timing is a power addder....... you know better.

Let go of the anger, get another stock clutch to slip and spray your car to the moon.

From what I heard it's been a hard road getting that car to run the number and not break.

In 6 months no one will care. Props to them for getting it done.

Robin
Old 06-08-2010, 05:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Right, but its not considered a "power adder". You wouldnt run meth alone on an NA engine with substantial gains and say you had a 402ci LS2 N/A with Meth would you?
They are grasping, **** I figured the would be chastised for the spray on top of the Procharger. Kills their position to complain about the meth.

Robin
Old 06-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Congrats on the new record.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Launching!

Not talkin **** but why would you need that many power adders on there two run that number anyways? why not just ONE and turn it up (turbos) .. congrats on running a great time with a cluster f%%k of parts .. you guys are some serious tuners !
Old 06-08-2010, 06:31 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackmagicturbo
Not talkin **** but why would you need that many power adders on there two run that number anyways? why not just ONE and turn it up (turbos) .. congrats on running a great time with a cluster f%%k of parts .. you guys are some serious tuners !
It seems like some of you think its a 250hp shot on to of 25#'s of boost and a meth kit. How do we know if any of that stuff is even pushing its limits. What if the NX is like a small shot to pump it out of the hole or an 1/8th mile hit?

That setup could be working really hard or hardley working. Maybe they are waiting to get nasty with it.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Speed Density
It seems like some of you think its a 250hp shot on to of 25#'s of boost and a meth kit. How do we know if any of that stuff is even pushing its limits. What if the NX is like a small shot to pump it out of the hole or an 1/8th mile hit?

That setup could be working really hard or hardley working. Maybe they are waiting to get nasty with it.
Any way you look at it there making 1000 horseys... you cant do that with just turbos on e85 ? But superchargers are really cool and turbos are getting played out .. so why not just one big charger? or are you guys tryin to promote a kit ? just tryin to see what you guys are doin haha..
Old 06-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Launching!

i mean any car can be fast lol.. just takes time and money... and alot of broken parts. just cause its a 2010 camaro doesnt mean its harder to make fast does it? i thought it would be easier (6.2), but any way car looks good !
Old 06-08-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Let go of the anger, get another stock clutch to slip and spray your car to the moon.
From what I heard it's been a hard road getting that car to run the number and not break.

In 6 months no one will care. Props to them for getting it done.

Robin
I see how angry you are that you are still slower than him. Let the hate out.
The stock clutch never slipped even on the 10.28 run. Didnt you give up on the stock trans/clutch for a 4l80 and are still in the high 10's with 650+hp?

After the race on the 12th you will have nothing to say about that Silver car from Dallas.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
I see how angry you are that you are still slower than him. Let the hate out.
The stock clutch never slipped even on the 10.28 run. Didnt you give up on the stock trans/clutch for a 4l80 and are still in the high 10's with 650+hp?

After the race on the 12th you will have nothing to say about that Silver car from Dallas.
Ahahaha, gotta love it. Do you realy think that I wanted to build my car to win the go fast contest? I mean I would have at least put the LS9 in the car now wouldn't I?

Everyone has to do what they gotta do. Me I changed the trans to better show the potential of the LSA. Not going to change the brakes, install goofy looking wheels (OK the ZO6 are goofy) or take away from the car by stripping the weight out of it. But that's me. Now if LMR or Lingenfelter wants to put a few power adders together then so be it. And claiming that Meth injection is a power adder is ignorant.
My Orange chevy 2 loves to bash on others accomplishments unless of course it his own. It's really hard to give him prop for his numbers (which as I have said before are impressive) when he bashes everyone else that is going fast.

Like I said i 6 to 8 months no one will remember who did what as somthing new will be the flavor of the week.

No hate, I have gone fast in many many configurations.

Robin
Old 06-08-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Everyone has to do what they gotta do. Me I changed the trans to better show the potential of the LSA. Not going to change the brakes, install goofy looking wheels (OK the ZO6 are goofy) or take away from the car by stripping the weight out of it. But that's me. Now if LMR or Lingenfelter wants to put a few power adders together then so be it. And claiming that Meth injection is a power adder is ignorant.
My Orange chevy 2 loves to bash on others accomplishments unless of course it his own. It's really hard to give him prop for his numbers (which as I have said before are impressive) when he bashes everyone else that is going fast.

Like I said i 6 to 8 months no one will remember who did what as somthing new will be the flavor of the week.
Installing the trans from a 99 Chevrolet 2500 tow truck is not considered taking away from the car? You went from a 6 speed to a 4 speed. You lost two gears and a clutch. You took away from the car. You want to show the potential of the lsa but are slower than the ls3 cars with the same mods and less $.
He bashed LMR ONLY because LMR bashed him in the past and continues to do so.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
Installing the trans from a 99 Chevrolet 2500 tow truck is not considered taking away from the car? You went from a 6 speed to a 4 speed. You lost two gears and a clutch. You took away from the car.
He bashed LMR ONLY because LMR bashed him in the past and continues to do so.
First if I see a thread or post where LMR bashes him on this site I will deal with that. Anyway he deserves props for his runs.

6 speeds is over rated LOL. Really as you and I both know these cars are heavy and you need a vairable (with the stock rear gear) to get the heavy *** cars moving. You can do that with a torque converter or you can do that with a clutch. You can slip the converter or the clutch. Your boy does a good job of the latter.

Now the 4L80E was chosen for several reasons. First GMPP (my sponsor at that time) sells a crate 4L80E Supermatic transmission. The 6L80 is not a performance trans and has very limited support in the aftermarket. A Turbo 400 Says RACE CAR. Our trans still employs the overdrive and a sinle element lockup converter. I drive the car everywhere with all the features of a street trans with the capability to handle over 1000 horsepower.

Actually that trans and all the parts to install it in a 2010 Camaro are for sale. Going back to the 6 speed stick as I have hit my goals and need to sell the car and the parts.

Here is a little video showing how well the trans works, well that is until is spins the tire at the top of 1st and short shifts LOL.

Good luck!

http://s395.photobucket.com/albums/p...ent=drive1.flv
Old 06-09-2010, 02:58 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

Hey Orange or Sam, can one of you guys email to john@motorsports-media.com, I wanted to get your advice on something and I don't use PM's on here.

thx.

Quick Reply: **new 1/4 mile world record**