Gen 5 Camaro Racing Tech, Results Drag racing, road racing, street racing. Share tech & results!

L99 whipple times

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 07:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I was also impressed he was able to drop his time from 11.9 down to 11.5. Stall and more seat time he should be able to hit low 11s high 10s.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
supercharger and still only high 11s..wow that is so disappointing...

Camaro fail.
You guys racing at the same track? same air? Just wondering?
Old 05-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Teching In

just for the record it was my first and ONLY pass in the car since the whipple was installed..
Old 05-21-2011, 05:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by familycaronROIDS!
You guys racing at the same track? same air? Just wondering?
Nope..Either way some people made sound like that was just amazing..it simply isn't.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by silvrsvt
just for the record it was my first and ONLY pass in the car since the whipple was installed..
That is nice you was able to drop almost half second off your time.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Teching In

Nice improvement OP, looks like the longtubes definately helped.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Def needs a convertor...I'll update the fastest times list to include you. Can u post a time slip
Old 05-23-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

WOW you found one that went 10.99...haha..With a bunch of other bolt ons..Hmmm you fail.

here how about i show you why high 11s is fail. 5.0s have went low-mid 10s with just supercharger and simple stuff like x pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_LI816xU7o&feature
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...Auto-10.46-130

So youAgian fail providing a time N/A 5.0s have reached...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADx2kpL9dDA
Here is another one with less bolt-ons.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=adam

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=adam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NNAv...layer_embedded
Old 05-23-2011, 06:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SRTKLLR
Here is another one with less bolt-ons.
You are trying to prove the camaro's worth huh..lol

You did notice the one that went 10.99 was N/A

And other one was 10.0...with basically having nothing but SC and tires..stock stock suspension
Old 05-23-2011, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

You are trying to prove the camaro's worth huh..lol

You did notice the one that went 10.99 was N/A

And other one was 10.0...with basically having nothing but SC and tires..stock stock suspension
And at the end of the day it's still a Mustang...

Just kidding I like any car that is badass.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:51 AM
On The Tree

First of all, nice numbers silvrsvt.

You know, it's funny...I have been on both sides of the debate. I've owned two Camaro’s and two Mustangs previously. The first Mustang was a heads/cam/blower car and it was a lot of fun. In fact, I would still have it if it hadn't been stolen and stripped. The second Stang was a naturally aspirated max build car that was a lot of fun too. Had a guy who wanted to trade me some cash and his big block ‘70 Chevelle for it. It’s not every day a deal like that comes along, so I had to go for it. I really liked both and would like to have another someday. I can honestly say I even like the new Mustangs, but what I don’t like are a lot of their ***** owners. For some reason in all my encounters, no matter what I’ve owned, I’ve found the majority of Mustang owners are cocky….my dick is bigger than yours types. Not real sure why that is, but it’s just been my personal experience.

Last edited by Never Satisfied; 05-24-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW you found one that went 10.99...haha..With a bunch of other bolt ons..Hmmm you fail.

here how about i show you why high 11s is fail. 5.0s have went low-mid 10s with just supercharger and simple stuff like x pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_LI816xU7o&feature
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...Auto-10.46-130

So youAgian fail providing a time N/A 5.0s have reached...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADx2kpL9dDA
So which one was your car?? If all of you *** hats are on all the camaro sites then who posts on ford sites? It seems you all circle jerk the 5.0 then decide to post up all over the net and try to get every one to feed into your bullshit. All these "fast" 5.0's are completely gutted with slicks and suspension work.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dark SS
So which one was your car?? If all of you *** hats are on all the camaro sites then who posts on ford sites? It seems you all circle jerk the 5.0 then decide to post up all over the net and try to get every one to feed into your bullshit. All these "fast" 5.0's are completely gutted with slicks and suspension work.
I will post video of my car..Not scarred. WIth mods now havent ran it yet.
1st video is nothing but tires added. We got loud just to rub it in to the 5th Gen that was next to us talking **** earlier. He had Headers, cold air, tune, 3.73 gears, DR's and ran a 12.7..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVexXKJvQ_E

Second video is cold air, tune, 4.10 gears and also where my tranny went out. You can hear it at end video not go into gear. Lost synchro and ford replaced it under warranty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwfAv33Tavg

I will get a run with my new bolt ons July 9th when I return from Iraq. WIll it be a great run. Nope..DA will be +3500 or more with teh great 100+ texas heat.

So what did your car run Dark SS and with what mods?
Old 05-24-2011, 03:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Never Satisfied
First of all, nice numbers silvrsvt.

You know, it's funny...I have been on both sides of the debate. I've owned two Camaro’s and two Mustangs previously. The first Mustang was a heads/cam/blower car and it was a lot of fun. In fact, I would still have it if it hadn't been stolen and stripped. The second Stang was a naturally aspirated max build car that was a lot of fun too. Had a guy who wanted to trade me some cash and his big block ‘70 Chevelle for it. It’s not every day a deal like that comes along, so I had to go for it. I really liked both and would like to have another someday. I can honestly say I even like the new Mustangs, but what I don’t like are a lot of their ***** owners. For some reason in all my encounters, no matter what I’ve owned, I’ve found the majority of Mustang owners are cocky….my dick is bigger than yours types. Not real sure why that is, but it’s just been my personal experience.
What is funny around where i am the Camaro drivers are the ******. Then the SRT8 guys are even worse. Most the mustang guys are pretty cool. The vette guys are cooler then the Camaro guys.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:09 PM
13 Second Truck Club

silvrsvt good times man. I still cant figure out why someone replies to threads just to talk crap the title was times of whipple camaro not who knows of a faster car let me know. Sooooo let me get this straight ohioborne you came on here talking crap about this guys car running 11s and you post vids of yours and its puking trannies at high 12s thats something to hang your hat on lololol
Old 05-25-2011, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

To the OP -- nice work. It's a quality set of mods and with good track conditions and some more seat time you should be able to put up even better numbers.

What I just don't get is why people feel the need to be a complete dick for no good reason. It would be amusing to some (and a complete dick move) to take "ohioborn80's" video of the tranny crapping out on a 12 second car and just title the thread as "5.0 Fail", however that's a waste of everyone's time. The reality is that the new Mustang is a nice car, runs well and the tranny issue is just an unfortunate incident. Can't think of much positive from a thread that goes in any direction different than that.

The OP didn't in any way try to compare the performance of his car to anything else other than the clock. Who gives a rats *** what a new Mustang, a new Camaro SS, a Ford F-150, a cheetah or anything else runs.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 726.0chevelle
silvrsvt good times man. I still cant figure out why someone replies to threads just to talk crap the title was times of whipple camaro not who knows of a faster car let me know. Sooooo let me get this straight ohioborne you came on here talking crap about this guys car running 11s and you post vids of yours and its puking trannies at high 12s thats something to hang your hat on lololol
Who ran a high 12? I ran an 11 with a lot less done then him. And i will match his time in a month with bolt ons and in DA of +3000.

Also yep had tranny issues. And? Ford fixed it. Wait i remember Camaro's having tranny issues also. They had to stop production on them even.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Midnight02
To the OP -- nice work. It's a quality set of mods and with good track conditions and some more seat time you should be able to put up even better numbers.

What I just don't get is why people feel the need to be a complete dick for no good reason. It would be amusing to some (and a complete dick move) to take "ohioborn80's" video of the tranny crapping out on a 12 second car and just title the thread as "5.0 Fail", however that's a waste of everyone's time. The reality is that the new Mustang is a nice car, runs well and the tranny issue is just an unfortunate incident. Can't think of much positive from a thread that goes in any direction different than that.

The OP didn't in any way try to compare the performance of his car to anything else other than the clock. Who gives a rats *** what a new Mustang, a new Camaro SS, a Ford F-150, a cheetah or anything else runs.
As mentioned and can see in video where you get 12..it ran a 11.88. Also ford fixed it.

Also as mentioned but you may not remember Camaro having tranny issues. They had to stop production for a minute. Also not to mention the few i seen leaking oil at dealers having to be worked on before sold. Or all the G8's that had issues with leaking rear seals, ball joints, steering wheel shake.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

Are you kidding me, you messing up another 5th gen thread with your stang crap! That is so sad man, cant a guy just be happy with his car and the fun he is having without some douch bag trying to bring him down! You really need a life man... nobody gives a rates *** about what your talking about. Your car runs what it runs and good for you, my oldsmobile would have wiped the floor with your ***... but do I care, not one bit, because its not like there arent a million other cars faster then mine! It would have been fun to lite your *** up though, just because of the **** you talk!
Old 05-25-2011, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sweetC5
Are you kidding me, you messing up another 5th gen thread with your stang crap! That is so sad man, cant a guy just be happy with his car and the fun he is having without some douch bag trying to bring him down! You really need a life man... nobody gives a rates *** about what your talking about. Your car runs what it runs and good for you, my oldsmobile would have wiped the floor with your ***... but do I care, not one bit, because its not like there arent a million other cars faster then mine! It would have been fun to lite your *** up though, just because of the **** you talk!
Maybe you should pull the **** out your *** and look at the thread. Read my post. Where i told the guy good times, nice improvements. Then come back. And don't be so sure about that wiping ***. My car has a lot more done to it t hen those runs now. Plus getting more installed for my return.

Quick Reply: L99 whipple times