Gen 5 Camaro Racing Tech, Results Drag racing, road racing, street racing. Share tech & results!

'13 SS 2nd gear problems at track

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default '13 SS 2nd gear problems at track

Ok let's see if anyone can solve this for me. I have a '13 SS stock other than a set of stainless headers. While at the track I noticed a problem hitting second gear. No matter what mode the traction and stability was placed into as soon as I hit second the car would spin the tires just a little then fall flat on it's face for a second. Much like if the traction control was active. It never did it in first or during the quick little burn out I did to simply clean the tires. All three phases resulted in the same behavior. Could it have been the torque management or abuse mode kicking in?
Old 11-07-2013, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Seriously?! 50 reads and no one knows anything?
Old 11-08-2013, 12:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

You need to pull fuse 40 and 43, I had the same problem with my 2013.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 62nalide
You need to pull fuse 40 and 43, I had the same problem with my 2013.
Thanks! I heard mention of it possibly being ABS related. What are those fuses for? I noticed you have an L99 car so I'm assuming an auto. I forgot to mention mine is an M6.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSmokd U
Thanks! I heard mention of it possibly being ABS related. What are those fuses for? I noticed you have an L99 car so I'm assuming an auto. I forgot to mention mine is an M6.
Fuse #40 is traction control and #43 is ABS, but it will brake normal. When I do my burn out and 2nd kicks in it falls on it faces bad. Then when I would spin off on the launch and 2nd kicked in it would kill my ETs bad so by removing these it'll keep on spinning for a longer burnout vs a lil one. I think this should work for you IMO.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 62nalide
Fuse #40 is traction control and #43 is ABS, but it will brake normal. When I do my burn out and 2nd kicks in it falls on it faces bad. Then when I would spin off on the launch and 2nd kicked in it would kill my ETs bad so by removing these it'll keep on spinning for a longer burnout vs a lil one. I think this should work for you IMO.
Worth a shot! One more question. Has your car ever behaved that way on the street? Mine has yet to. I assumed it was because of the track getting prepped so it's getting more traction than in the street.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSmokd U
Worth a shot! One more question. Has your car ever behaved that way on the street? Mine has yet to. I assumed it was because of the track getting prepped so it's getting more traction than in the street.
No, not really. Only in the track if it is prepped right. My car ran a 12.24 when it did that and after the fuses pulled 11.91s. But in the streets it'll wanna do it but not as bad as the track.

Quick Reply: '13 SS 2nd gear problems at track