Gen 5 Camaro Special Edition Vehicles ZL1 | Z28 | 1LE

Debating going gen v ZL1 or gen VI 1SS

Old 10-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Debating going gen v ZL1 or gen VI 1SS

i have a line on both a 13 zl1 with 63k miles and a 2016 1ss with 11k miles both for 29k. The gen VI is local and the ZL1 is a state away. Throw out some thoughts gents. I'm torn and the wife has no idea what I'm talking about when I compare them.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

6th gen.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:20 AM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I am in the same boat right now..... I like the ZL1 but that SC is a pig. you can change pullies but that 1.9 is at the end of the day still a dog. What do you do go with the upgrade 2.9, 3.6 or really put some hair on your gerble nutz and go with the 4.2 plus fuel system upgrade then you might want to upgrade your tranny to hold the extra power and the wheel$$ start spinning

OR

The SS. yeah the car has been improved with the LT engine and a lot of other goodies. I am not sure what is offered aftermarket wise for the LT engines yet but I am sure they are coming. LIke any sport car once you get use to the ponies you are going to want more. Either way you go you are going to add at least 10K if not more for power.
Conclusion....
i would not look at the performance part of the car because you can bolt on add or subtract either one of them. Go for looks. Which one looks more impressive to you. If you ask 100 people you will get different answers from eveyone because one reason or the other.
For me the ZL1 looks mean!!!! I am looking for a high mile ZL1 convertible black for cheap, pull engine and tranny beef em up, bigger SC strap em back in and chase the sun everyday i can.
GL buddy with your purchase

Pay attention to what other cars are coming out with. Pisscat ZR1 Nissan Mut-tang etc. soon 650hp will be nothing. suspension...BMR makes some killer stuff for these cars.
or
if you have the budget you can go with Detroit Speed etc when they come out and slap that on.
just some more data to wet your beak pal
Old 01-03-2017, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd go ZL1. Their isn't a fuel system out yet to support the 6th gens on high boost applications. And a zl1 rear end is pretty much bulletproof for the track.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:29 PM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Cesar
what is the gear ratio on that *** if you know
thanks in advanced
Old 04-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what Did you decide to get?...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Debating going gen v ZL1 or gen VI 1SS