Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro
Old 05-05-2016, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Electrical Guides
Print Wikipost

2010 Camaro Battery Dead - Feels Like Limp Mode?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Camaro Battery Dead - Feels Like Limp Mode?

Hey Guys,

Not sure if I have this in the right section but my 2010 Supercharged Camaro SS has been sitting for a month and the battery was about dead.

I went to crank it and it barely turned over since the battery was so dead but it did start.

Well now it saying Stability Track error or something like that, tach doesn't work and all the lights like traction control etc are all lit up.

It also doesn't rev up much and wanted to know what you guys thought.

I have a feeling its battery related and I threw the battery charger on it but haven't started it yet.

Is there a quick fix for this? Do I need to unhook the battery?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony
Old 09-16-2011, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The symptoms sound like a crank position sensor that I know a few of this cars have had to get replaced. I don't know what that would have to do with the battery though. With all the electronics on this car it wouldn't surprise me. I can't even put my drag radials on with out the dash board lighting up like a christmas tree.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I charged the battery for a while late last night after I posted this and this morning I started her up and the car works fine again.

Everything works like normal and that supercharger liked that cold air this morning as I drove her to work

I figured it was the battery just low and glad it was just something simple as that.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro Battery Dead - Feels Like Limp Mode?