Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

Need help please.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help please.....

LS3 416 stroker.

Car runs fine at start up.
after it reaches its operating temp the motor starts to sputter, backfire, hesitate, and basically feel like it is not firing at all..
No codes are being thrown, no limp mode message..
let the car cool down and then start it back up and it runs fine until it gets to operating temp..
then its back to sputtering and backfiring...

any suggestions..
I took it to a friend of mine mechanics shop, and he couldn't find anything wrong. but he said there was something going on...
Old 06-13-2013, 08:03 PM
Teching In

What kind of fuel pump upgrades do you have? Just curious, I know with my set up obviously I had to upgrade to a ZL1 fuel pump and even at that until I am up to operating temperature and even sometimes after that it cant keep up. I dont think your problem is under the hood buddy. Drop your fuel tank and upgrade your pump. Thats a real fun project
Old 07-09-2013, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

Nope.. problem was under the hood.

Broken ground wire in the wire harness on the drivers side behind the motor. couldn't see it because the wire had broke inside the jacket of the wire. So when it would wiggle thats where I got my huclebucking. Also it was the ground being used for the driver side O2 sensor.
Cut and spliced a new wire into the harness and all is good.

Quick Reply: Need help please.....