Odd misfire issue on 2014 SS 1LE - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

Odd misfire issue on 2014 SS 1LE

Old 10-31-2015, 10:08 AM   #1
TECH Enthusiast

Default Odd misfire issue on 2014 SS 1LE

Ls3, replaced valve stem seals recently, put fresh plugs, wires.

I have a slight miss at idle-2000RPM and it sounds like its running on 7 cylinders.

so i enabled my misfire detection back on in HPtuners (I have a SRD LS3 Cam, 233/248)

Cylinder #3 had the miss, So this is where it gets weird.

the plug was fouled, put a fresh one in, no go, the header primary for #3 was dead cold.

checked the arc on the coil to the plug wire and it's weak as hell.

I swapped coil #3 to cylinder #1 and the Arc was a LOT stronger, and the coil pack that originally came off of #1 was arcing weak and the primary was still cold.

I then swapped the entire driver side coil pack rail to the passenger side and #3 is still dead. Even tried a coil pack harness i had laying around. (put it on backwards at first LOL, sounded like gunshots)

anyways. I'm starting to think the PCM is **** or the car developed an engine harness problem out of the blue. The grounds are tight and making proper contact. I can't think of anything else guys. This car is my Daily and i pretty much need it to get to work and back.

If anyone has come across this issue let me know or if you can provide me with a pinout of the e38 controller I would sincerely appreciate it thanks
greenvortec97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:35 AM   #2
TECH Enthusiast

to the top...
Old 11-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #3
10 Second Club

Well the coils are ground fired, so you're better off tracing the hot wire for #3 on the harness to its source.
DietCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 08:51 AM   #4
Teching In

Default Lost cylinder on LS 6 engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCoke View Post
Well the coils are ground fired, so you're better off tracing the hot wire for #3 on the harness to its source.
I was driving my 2001 Camaro on Saturday and during the drive I have lost one of my cylinders. Any ideas as to what would cause this to happen? No check engine light activity
Groesbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:27 AM   #5
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groesbeck View Post
I was driving my 2001 Camaro on Saturday and during the drive I have lost one of my cylinders. Any ideas as to what would cause this to happen? No check engine light activity

Mine ended up being a bad lifter, it also took out the camshaft, replaced both and its been fine ever since.