Gen 5 Camaro Tuning, Diagnostics, Dyno results Tuning problems, solutions, dyno results for Gen 5 Camaro

HP or SCT

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP or SCT

I have zero experience tuning cars but I work in IT and love computers. Just bought a Camaro and I want to tune it or have it tuned. After digging around a bit I decided to buy a tuner rather than take it to a shop and have them do it mostly so I can restore the factory tune quickly and easily before taking the car in for service. After reading a bit I landed on HP tuners site and I think that's the way I want to go but I can't decide for sure. The thing that I don't like about the HP is that there are no free tunes so I will have to fork out $$$ for any and every tune. While the SCT does come with some pre-installed tunes I found the info on their website to be VERY lacking. Not only about what the pre-installed tunes are and what I can expect from them but also about what I can do outside of those preinstalled tunes. The site almost seems tailored to sell to individuals who already know what they want rather than a way for potential customers to gain education and knowledge of the product before making a purchasing decision. Before making a decision I thought it was worth throwing a question out to your experts. Which tuner would you buy if you were me?