Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

INVOICE PRICING: You can get SS for under $30,000!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Wow, the margins on the Camaro are so much better than the G8 for the manufacturer and dealers.

Thank goodness for North American production."

AMEN!!! Bring it home!!!

W
Old 10-16-2008, 09:32 AM

How come they decided to make the G8 aboard? Its a GM car afterall. American cars should all be built in US/Canada!
Old 10-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TriShield
Wow, the margins on the Camaro are so much better than the G8 for the manufacturer and dealers.

Thank goodness for North American production.
They're both GM cars but built in different countries. How u think the quality and reliability of the north american built camaro will be against the aussie built G8? Any difference?
Old 10-17-2008, 12:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cameronhas111
UPDATED:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8239

^^ That guy posted the latest MSRP, INVOICE and EMPLOYEE pricing for all base, options and accessories.

I think I might have to go back and rework my deal which was only at MSRP.
Now hold on........ Are you telling me that you want to get a price UNDER MSRP on a car that is not even produced yet. Dont get me wrong I love great deals as much as the next guy, but at what expense. I remember a few years ago people were saying theyd pay over 40k if chevy were to make another camaro. NOw that its going to be produced, you are going to haggle with GM indirectly? I say if you got it for MSRP, be happy that you even got one.

I feel that it would be a slap in GM's face if people all over the forum started asking for the new camaro UNDER MSRP if they are not GM employees themselves. The car is worth every penny of its MSRP value.

I will end my rant with one though.... Just give thanks to GM and the dealership making it possible to build your very own Camaro AT MSRP. If it means paying an extra 1200-1500$, So be it.

I remember not very many years ago when mustang GT's were selling for more than the Camaro SS MSRP with markup.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:44 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

This is a lot of car (V6 or V8) even at MSRP...at a decent chunk below that it's almost a total steal!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ultraz
Now hold on........ Are you telling me that you want to get a price UNDER MSRP on a car that is not even produced yet. Dont get me wrong I love great deals as much as the next guy, but at what expense. I remember a few years ago people were saying theyd pay over 40k if chevy were to make another camaro. NOw that its going to be produced, you are going to haggle with GM indirectly? I say if you got it for MSRP, be happy that you even got one.

I feel that it would be a slap in GM's face if people all over the forum started asking for the new camaro UNDER MSRP if they are not GM employees themselves. The car is worth every penny of its MSRP value.

I will end my rant with one though.... Just give thanks to GM and the dealership making it possible to build your very own Camaro AT MSRP. If it means paying an extra 1200-1500$, So be it.

I remember not very many years ago when mustang GT's were selling for more than the Camaro SS MSRP with markup.
If you are paying MSRP for any car you are getting ripped off. Even the dealers know that they are gonna have to deal on cars. Its rare that you find someone willing to pay MSRP. You right that everyone should be happy that they are bringing the Camaro back but even at invoice the dealer and GM are still making quite a bit of money with options, holdbacks, and hidden holdbacks.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by EnfuegoZ28
If you are paying MSRP for any car you are getting ripped off. Even the dealers know that they are gonna have to deal on cars. Its rare that you find someone willing to pay MSRP. You right that everyone should be happy that they are bringing the Camaro back but even at invoice the dealer and GM are still making quite a bit of money with options, holdbacks, and hidden holdbacks.
Do you really believe that they are making HUGE margins on the Camaro at MSRP.You usually dont get a choice to pay MSRP on a new to the world car. There has always been markups on them. I can gaurantee you that if you are not willling to pay MSRP on a new camaro, others will happily pay. Hell, Im sure once the general public knows they are available, many will be willing to pay a premium over MSRP.

The dealerships make minimal profit at invoice, Im sure some saleman will chime in to figure out exactly how much.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by ultraz

The dealerships make minimal profit at invoice, Im sure some saleman will chime in to figure out exactly how much.
I don't know about that. Invoice isn't always the exact cost to the dealer. They get discounts on top of that like fleet discounts.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

With what appears to be such a large interest and high demand, I'd be highly surprised if any dealer lets one of these cars go for less than MSRP.

- Dustin
Old 10-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Launching!

nice price if employee pricing is still offered by then
Old 10-18-2008, 03:23 AM
Teching In

Your so right. Dealers make THOUSANDS of dollars on every new car they sell. Come on man, get with it. Most cars in the GM line are only about $400-1000 over MSRP (higher end vehicles will be more). Now, take into the fact you must pay the mechanics to do a PDI on the vehicle ($150), and what about paying the salesmen that sold the car? The Desk the wrote it up? And how about the finance department also? The list actually goes on.

One of the only hidden hold backs your talking about it APR's. Ask to see what the back financed you for and that is what you want. Otherwise ask for a "either or contract" and get your own financing.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Dealers really don't make that much money at all selling at invoice - what, like 5-600 bucks from the holdbacks? After paying off their expenses related to cleaning/prepping/selling the car and the people involved, it's not much left over.

Still, I want to get mine as cheap as possible, and let someone else pay a huge markup to cover my deal (the ones who pay those markups are the ones who are ultimately WILLING to pay them)
Old 10-18-2008, 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

they make money on financing too. i agree dealers should make money but they should also be reasonable. ill never pay sticker for any car.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

what is the difference between the 1 an 2 ss?
Old 10-18-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Junkie

The 1 has less ****.

The 2 has more goodies, more weight, and more price.

W
Old 10-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by exodus
what is the difference between the 1 an 2 ss?
That guide will tell you.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7790
Old 10-19-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Regular

You do realize that the actual price difference between MSRP and invoice is $1839 (2SS MSRP = 33430 2SS INVOICE = 31591)? If thats going to break you, you cant afford it anyway.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

Ok let me give you an example. I am good friends with the owner of a GMC Buick Pontiac Cadillac dealership in NW Indiana. He bought a BRAND NEW 2000 Trans Am WS6 from Pontiac in 2000 and spent $13,000 on the car. Now if he bought the car new from GM for $13,000 and the car stickered for $34,000 then that leaves $21,000 of profit. Yes there is ALOT of overhead in owning a dealership, but if it was not a profitable business there would not be so many dealerships. For the general public to get a car at invoice is a good deal, but GM and the dealership are not hurting when they sell a car at or below invoice. And BTW my friend still owns that WS6 along with several other cars that he has bought from GM to keep.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

Good luck on trying to get a loan for one right now. Thank you Wall Street and Liberals
Old 10-19-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Resident

Ok let me give you an example. I am good friends with the owner of a GMC Buick Pontiac Cadillac dealership in NW Indiana. He bought a BRAND NEW 2000 Trans Am WS6 from Pontiac in 2000 and spent $13,000 on the car. Now if he bought the car new from GM for $13,000 and the car stickered for $34,000 then that leaves $21,000 of profit. Yes there is ALOT of overhead in owning a dealership, but if it was not a profitable business there would not be so many dealerships. For the general public to get a car at invoice is a good deal, but GM and the dealership are not hurting when they sell a car at or below invoice. And BTW my friend still owns that WS6 along with several other cars that he has bought from GM to keep.

Im caling BS, My brother works at a GM/Honda dealership and I know for a fact that a 30k$ car can not be purchased for 13k$ by the dealer.

If what you are saying is correct, that would be a 200% markup BY the dealer.

Quick Reply: INVOICE PRICING: You can get SS for under $30,000!